Tactical Purchaser - Project Purchaser
IHC Services is an entity of Royal IHC and the Purchasing department is responsible for the supply chain of aftermarket for technical goods and services covering the clusters within IHC Services. IHC Services is looking for an experienced self-sufficient, hands-on and efficient Tactical - Project Purchaser. The role is mentioned as Tactical and Project Purchasing because we expect you to combine those two fields which makes it a diverse and dynamic role. The Tactical - Project Purchaser will interact with the Project Buying team, Project team, Category Management, and other internal and external stakeholders.
In this role as Tactical - Project Purchaser, you will work in close cooperation with the business and the SCM organization. Effectiveness, commercial thinking, stakeholder engagement, relationship management, and organizational sensitivity are all essential in this role. At all times, you will act in the best interests of the company. As such, you will negotiate adequate and appropriate conditions with suppliers. You must be capable of initiating and implementing sustainable improvement within the category supply chain. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- managing all procurement activities for specific vessels and/or projects
- ensuring that the quality of purchased items meets the specified requirements
- being aware of contractual obligations for each order placed (for example delivery performance)
- ensuring the necessary expediting of all suppliers by phone and e-mail
- liaising closely with the Logistics team on all upcoming and existing shipments
- issuing a weekly report that highlights the critical items that may have incurred delays and/or the materials due for shipment
- reporting to the Project team for matters related to the organization of inspection activities required for the delivery of specific equipment and, if necessary, arranging a visit
- making requests for materials and services in both local and international markets
- obtaining quotes, and making estimates and technical reviews
- selecting suppliers and enabling the continuous improvement of the supply chain
- ensuring that all relevant IHC procedures relating to procurement activities are understood and enforced by all relevant parties
- monitoring supplier performance, and drawing up contracts and frameworks in cooperation with the Category Manager (E&A) and Legal department
- making proposals to optimize the procurement process
- all procurement activities that help to deliver the project within OSBIT.
To be eligible for the position of Tactical - Project Purchaser, you must have the following:
- higher vocational education (HBO) in a technical/commercial field, such as electrical, automation, maritime engineering or technical management preferably supplemented with NEVI 1 and 2 certification;
- relevant (international) project procurement experience in the manufacturing and/or maritime industry;
- knowledge of and experience with procurement procedures and order processing in an international industry;
- commercial awareness and be used to working in an engineering-focused, project-based organization;
- excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal;
- team player mentality, a proactive approach and be stress-resistant;
- experience with the shipbuilding process is advantageous;
- valid EU work and resident visa.
Please note, an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Tactical - Project Purchaser a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Tactical - Project Purchaser and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: http://www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit http://www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As Tactical - Project Purchaser, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 3 december 2019|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Sander Morijn|
|Telefoon||+ 31 (0)88 015 4444|