As a Rigging Foreman, you will supervise and coordinate the activities of the employees to ensure compliance with safety procedures and method statements. As a Rigging Foreman you will be resposible for reading, interpreting and upholding the heavy lift plans and procedures. You will also assisting with and determining the correct choice of lifting equipment for each assigned project and assisting with the set-up of cranes.
Whitin this role, you will also be responsible for:
- completing the basic loading of heavy lift projects by rigging the crane equipment and ensuring the proper use of equipment
- directing crane operators to move equipment to and from work areas
- optimising resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure the efficient and timely completion of projects
- ensuring that crews are properly equipped with tools, equipment and materials
- preventing the misuse of equipment, materials and tools
- reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline-related project and engineering documentation
- keeping records of all work completed and finalising 'action lists'
- specifying locations for the movement of machinery, using knowledge of various methods of sliding and lifting equipment
- directing workers engaged in splicing ropes and metal cables to form hoisting slings
- knowing and enforcing strict compliance with all safety procedures, including internal rules and regulations
- performing other duties as assigned
- capturing knowledge for certification requirements.
To be eligible for the role of Rigging Foreman you must be educated to a higher vocational lever of equivalent (minimum). You must be able to communicate in the English language and have:
- One to three years of crane rigging or heavy lift experience combined with relevant qualifications
- certified fork lift training (desirable)
- a qualification that enables you to inspect lifting tools
- proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a VCA (VOL) certificate
- the flexibility to work outside the normal 9 to 5 by working overtime and shifts as required.
Please note, only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment or screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
IHC offers the suitable candidate a unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labour contract, competitive salary and benefits package, and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
Are you interested in the position of Rigging Foreman and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 5333.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Rigging Foreman, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy.
With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 9 september 2019|
|Locatie||Krimpen aan den IJssel|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Jeanne van der Waal|
|Telefoon||+31 78 691 0984|