A Project Purchaser is responsible for realizing the procurement of various goods and services for different newbuilding projects, such that the required goods and services are available on time, under the best possible conditions, and in accordance with the required product specifications. Damen works with multidisciplinary project teams which are headed by a project manager. Within the project team the Project Purchaser is QTCR (Quality, Time, Cost, Risk) responsible for the supply chain activities of the project.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- QTCR (Quality, Time, Cost, Risk) responsible for the supply chain activities within the project;
- Based on engineering information communicate with suppliers and optimize the specifications and quotations together with engineering and suppliers for customer specific equipment;
- Negotiating, contracting and purchasing (large) packages with (standard) materials, installations, equipment, semi-finished products, main components and parts as part of a multidisciplinary project team;
- Proactively make suggestions for purchasing alternatives within project team;
- Participate and report QTCR status in multidisciplinary new building project meetings of vessels for the assigned projects;
- Create and monitor supply chain plan within the project team;
- Making orders for (standard) materials and components and monitoring the fulfillment of delivery obligations and contractual agreements by suppliers on QTCR and correct registration with the ERP system;
- Responsible for correct registration and maintenance of project part information within the ERP system;
- Having a proactive attitude about suggesting improvements within the procurement process. Supported by process control, analysis and measurable results (KPI).
- Completed technical and/or commercial Bachelor's degree;
- NEVI I and preferable NEVI II;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience within Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is a plus;
- Excellent negotiation skills with respect for supplier relationship;
- Experience working with an ERP system and MS Office (Excel);
- Knowledge and experience in optimizing and supporting Purchase processes;
- Good oral and written command of both Dutch and English;
- We are looking for purchasers with a sense of commercialism, of course, good communication skills and with team builder skills. Analytical and result driven mind set. Service-oriented and supportive.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 6 september 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Commercieel, Inkoop, Naval Architecture, Operationeel|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|