Product Manager Ropax
CRO was created as business unit 1,5 years ago by Damen for the design and construction of Cruise ships, RoPax ferries and Offshore ships. This business unit consists of a coordinating office in The Netherlands (Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam) and a shipyard in Romania with docks of 48 and 60 meters wide (Damen Mangalia). In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine, the complex engineering and design is done that guarantees operational top quality and safety.
For the Product group ROPAX (Roll On-Roll Off Passenger Ship) we are looking for an experienced Product Manager who can help shape the future for this relatively new department. The strong belief that we can be a successful player in the ROPAX market was the driver for Damen to further invest in ROPAX and create focus within our organization. Because of an internal move this tender team is now looking for a new leader.
The main responsibilities of the Product Group ROPAX is the design of ROPAX's and the cost calculations and estimation that we need to commercially price our vessels to the market, of course in close cooperation with our dedicated ROPAX Sales Director and Sales Areas. In order to be able to give the right estimates, operational sailing profiles need to be assessed as well as a thorough design check, all based on the General Arrangement Plan. Within the department several Design & Proposal engineers, as well as Tender Managers work closely together with the Product Manager in order to secure a new contract.
- Reporting to the BU Director of CRO;
- You will head an international team of design engineers, naval architects and tender managers. You will empower your team, but will also be able to step in and take action yourself;
- You will closely work together with the Sales Director Ropax, engineering departments worldwide, R&D, the yard in Mangalia and external parties;
- Work location: Schiedam, The Netherlands.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define together with the ROPAX Sales Director the strategical position of Damen in this specific market;
- Strengthen the relationship with Knut E. Hansen and develop the cooperation with the engineering office in Helsinki in order to create synergy;
- As Product Manager you are responsible for the design of ROPAX ferries;
- You manage the General Arrangement and the technical specification;
- Set standards for naval architecture/mechanical engineering and keep these standards up to date;
- You safeguards rules and regulations of Class and Flag;
- Keep up to date with technical development and innovations within the industry;
- You set standards for calculations, cost prices, offers/quotations and keep these standards up to date;
- You develop presentations and commercial documents, provide all commercial information like GA's, specs, budgets, delivery schedules etc;
- Support sales colleagues during sales visits and meetings and translate client?s demands into feasible technical solutions;
- You propose and maintain the D&P project planning. Delegate tasks to the engineers and take care of the assessment and development of your team.
- Good commercial compass to understand potential clients and challenge your tender team;
- Master degree in Naval Architecture;
- In-depth understanding of naval architecture, construction, mechanical, regulations and other aspects of complex shipbuilding;
- 10+ years of experience with design of large vessels (Engineering to Order);
- Knowledge of Damen design and proposal process;
- Experience with several other Damen companies worldwide is highly valued;
- Team leader, well balanced person, critical attitude, creative and an innovator/improver;
- Good command of English and ideally also Dutch;
- Willing to travel for short business trips, in total 1 week per month.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 5 september 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Naval Architecture|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Group|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Danielle Nuts|
|Telefoon||+31 183 639447|
|Fax||+31 183 639671|