Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
“Will you make shipping industry ready for the future, by improving efficiency for existing vessels?”
- Take the lead in multi-disciplinary propulsion projects and integration engineering.
- You are responsible for the mechanical design of propulsion systems including complex analysis of strength (FEM), vibration and alignment calculations and hydraulic specifications.
- Design according to customer specifications and requirements, within lead time and cost estimation and according to classification rules.
- Take care for effective clear technical communication with the customer, design offices, and research entities concerning engineering. This in cooperation with the Project Manager and/or Sales Manager.
- Take an active role in improvements of design methods, processes and products.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering / Naval Architecture with several years of relative design experience.
- Experienced with the design of mechanical (propulsion) systems in Teamcenter Siemens NX or other 3D design tools are a must.
- You have a basic understanding of (digital) manufacturing methods such as welding, casting, machining, measuring and assembling.
- You have experience with strength / fatigue calculations, using FEM software package
- Experience with calculations on dynamic behaviour such as (FEM) modal / harmonic response analyses, Torsional vibration or whirling behaviour are an advantage
- Well-developed communication skills spoken and written in English.
- You are pro-active and able to work in a structured way.
- Sense for business, experience working in project teams and you can cope with stress.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. In 2015, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 5.0 billion with approximately 18,900 employees. The company has operations in more than 200 locations in nearly 70 countries around the world and employs people with very diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä.Our business is power. At Wärtsilä, people are the ultimate power source. People who make things happen.
Wärtsilä in the Netherlands supplies worldwide sales & services for the marine and decentralized power industry. We have around 900 employees working in the Netherlands on our seven locations in Drunen, Harlingen, Kampen, Kruiningen, Schiedam, Waalwijk and Zwolle. Wärtsilä Netherlands is characterized by motivation, informal and short lines of communication and a healthy working atmosphereBedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 3 september 2019|
|Sector||Maritieme Dienstverlening, Maritieme Toeleveranciers|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Naval Architecture, Techniek|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Dre Schellekens|
|Telefoon||+31 6 28558033|
Christiaan Huygensweg 23