As a Tactical Purchaser, you will work within the Electrical & Automation category and be responsible for:
- exploring the supplier market in terms of (new) products, capabilities and delivery reliability
- conducting worldwide visits to suppliers to determine the suitability of delivery, and supporting local purchases for local production
- preparing request specifications in close cooperation with lead engineers
- making requests for materials and services in both local and international markets
- obtaining quotes, and making estimates and technical reviews
- selecting suppliers and enabling the continuous improvement of the supply chain
- monitoring supplier performance, and drawing up contracts and frameworks in cooperation with the Category Manager (E&A) and our Legal department
- making proposals to optimise the procurement process
- all procurement activities that help to deliver the project within OSBIT.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a higher vocational education in a technical/commercial field, such as electrical/automation, maritime engineering or technical management (preferably supplemented with NEVI 1 and 2 certification)
- relevant international project procurement experience in the manufacturing and/or maritime industry
- demonstrable experience with electrical equipment such as drives, generators, switchboards, converters, navigation/nautical packages, and electrical installation packages
- knowledge of and experience with procurement procedures and order processing in an international industry
- commercial awareness and be used to working in an engineering-focused, project-based organisation
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- a team player mentality, a proactive approach and be stress resistant
- the willingness to travel abroad
- experience with the shipbuilding process (advantageous).
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Tactical Purchaser and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Tactical Purchaser, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 3 september 2019|
|Functiecategorie||Elektrotechniek, Inkoop, Techniek|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Nathalie de Regt|
|Telefoon||+31 78 691 0984|