Project Engineer - ALP Maritime Services #182480 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Project Engineer - ALP Maritime Services
As a project engineer for ALP Maritime Services you can really challenge yourself. Positioned at the high end of the transport industry, they efficiently move the largest, heaviest, oddest shaped cargoes afloat world-wide. Their projects are unique and are full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. Are you passionate about working on a variety of projects within the maritime industry? Then apply as a project engineer at ALP Maritime Services.
ALP is the specialist in the field of Ocean Towing, Offshore Positioning and Mooring of Floating Platforms, Heavy Transport and Salvage operations. The company was founded beginning 2010 and operates today a fleet of 10 modern ocean-going tugs ranging from 192 to 309ts Bollard Pull Ton
In 2014, ALP became a 100% subsidiary company of Teekay Offshore Partners LP, working independently from their headquarters in Rotterdam. ALP’s office is located in the reputed Maastoren, direct in the beating heart of the city and with a great view over the city and river Maas.
ALP’s team with decades of hands-on experience in the most complex and largest towing, transport and installation projects, is ready to serve ALP’s worldwide clients with the finest equipment that the maritime towing and transport industry has to offer.
As a Project Engineer with ALP Maritime Services you are responsible for the coordination, engineering, preparation and execution of their projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible for the work preparation and risk analysis;
- You monitor the progress of the project, participate in coordinating activities in the field, optimize and fine-tune where necessary in support of the Vessel Manager;
- You liaison with vessel manager in project execution phase;
- You liaison with Class and Authorities in project execution phase;
- You are responsible for the financial close out of project and technical close out and listing of lessons learned;
- You are involved in product improvement and development and in the development of internal quality standards;
- You asure the execution of the project within the planning and budget;
- You are responsible for the execution of the project according the agreed quality standards.
Place in the organisation
The Project Engineer is part of the Fleet department and reports to the Fleetmanager.
You have knowledge of, or at least a strong fascination for, offshore engineering or maritime infrastructure. You are also independent, practical and creative if the situation demands it. You dare to make decisions and become a real troubleshooter.
- A completed HBO education, such as mechanical engineering, electrical or civil engineering;
- Familiar with the most common software applications;
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar function;
- Experience working in project teams;
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects at the same time;
- Good knowledge of English & Dutch verbally and written;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language;
- You are quality orientated and result orientated.
ALP Maritime Services BV offers a competitive compensation and benefits including an attractive pension scheme.
The Venturn team is dedicated to inspiring and advising clients from the maritime and logistics sectors on the development and performance of people and business. We work with companies operating in all aspects of the maritime industry including offshore, terminals, shipping lines, logistics service providers, rescue, marine suppliers, port authorities and more. We are based in Rotterdam even though our work takes us all over the world, where we deliver training and consultancy work and match the right individuals to the right companies.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 23 augustus 2019|
|Sector||Havens, Maritieme Dienstverlening|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Project Management, Techniek|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Laura de Ruijter|
|Telefoon||T +31 10 304 20 70|
3071 NK Rotterdam