Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding
As Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding you will work in a Multi-disciplinary team and are responsible for the engineering process and output. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners. You will also maintain contact with the client, or their representatives. Other responsibilities are integration of systems and equipment, and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained.
The product portfolio contains Marine Aggregate Dredgers, Trailing Suction Hopper Dredgers, and various types of Workboats.
Your work location will be Gorinchem.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding include:
- Coordinating and overseeing one or more projects in term of the engineering of a ship, the purchasing of systems or components and the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support.
- Supervising, managing and coaching a project engineering team.
- Managing the Class and national authorities approval process.
- Preparing lists of drawings, plans and estimates for the engineering work for multiple assigned projects.
- Monitoring on quality, progress and the preparation of status reports.
- Providing engineering support during the construction of the ship.
- Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners and working closely together with all stakeholders.
- Organizing document control and configuration control.
- Organizing review moments and ensuring a good work environment for everyone involved.
- At least a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- At least 3 years' experience in managing complex engineering projects, preferably in the dredging industry
- Experience in managing and coaching a group of engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- You are quality conscious and teamwork is important to you
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis (short trips about 6 times a year).
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group, is a well-known leading international shipyard. Damen Shipyards Group operates more than 34 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide with a total turnover of 1.7 billion Euro. At Damen Shipyards Gorinchem we design and build a wide range of products including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and cargo vessels. Damen delivers more than 180 vessels each year. In fact, we have built more than 6,000 ships since 1969. Our clients include contractors, oil companies, port authorities, offshore companies and maritime service providers.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 6 augustus 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Management, Operationeel, Project Management|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Marcel Koopman|
|Telefoon||0183 639 911|