Lead Engineer Shipbuilding
As a Lead Engineer Shipbuilding you are the specialist within your discipline. You will be responsible for the overall design of the project within your specialism, under the ultimate responsibility of the Project Manager Engineering. You provide technical specifications, oversee new developments and perform background studies. In addition you are also responsible for coordinating work related to technical drawings completed by other partners for predetermined projects and for making (initiative) proposals related to standard solutions.
Because Damen Technical Cooperation (DTC) makes extensive use of the design, knowledge and capacity of the other Business Units, collaboration with the Engineering departments is part of your work.
DTC supports customers with vessel construction at a yard of their choice, so the production takes place at a non-Damen location.
The product range is extensive: from the sale of licenses to complete designs for ships, the supply of engineering and material packages and support during the construction process. Combinations of these services are also possible, up to complete turn-key projects.
- Execute engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Monitor quality, assess input from our own employees, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Perform Class calculations, strength calculations;
- Prepare steel construction plans, outfitting arrangement drawings, material take off and part lists;
- Structural design and the integration of steel outfitting and structures, such as hull doors, stairs,etc;
- Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Support in client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Prepare technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier.
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Cadmatic-Hull.
You are quality conscious, you find that teamwork is important and you have good communication skills. You plan and organize your own work effectively and always keep the deadline in mind.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology innovation and commerce;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 5 augustus 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telefoon||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|