Sales Manager ROPAX
Damen Shipyards Group operates worldwide with several yards where we build our ships. Based on its unique, standardized ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality.
Since 2018, Damen started a brand new future under the name CRO (Cruises, Ropax & Offshore). A complete new business unit in which we set the bar as high as possible in terms of maritime innovations.
To enforce our Sales Team we are looking for a Sales Manager ROPAX.
The goal of the Sales Manager is to realize the Sales targets of the allocated product market combination, in order to contribute to the strengthening of the market position and to increase the turnover and profit contribution of the organization.
The Sales Manager will after a thorough training period (tailored to experience) be responsible for certain accounts.
In this role you are frequently required to travel. The trips usually consist of visits to prospective and (existing) customers. Partners include: employees at government agencies, shipping companies, contractors, marine service and financial companies. The Sales Manager has a leading role within the Damen Shipyards Group.
- To achieve profitable turnover in the assigned product marked combination. Daily activities consist of initiating contacts with (prospective) clients, conducting visits, initiating and conducting marketing activities (trade fairs, congresses, advertisements), identifying market opportunities, establishing and maintaining a total market overview and consequently being able to provide strategic advice to the Sales Director;
- Establish, maintain and expand relationships with customers and other relevant contacts in the relevant industry;
- Obtain enquiries, prepare quotations with support of the organization, issue and follow up;
- Responsible for finalizing sales agreements; including negotiations with customers about prices, product specifications, delivery and payment terms, the drawing up and conclusion of contracts and conditions, providing advice about financing possibilities, and sharing this knowledge with the internal organization;
- Monitoring the handling of new build orders; organizing and drawing up contract specifications, discussing these documents with the designated project managers, monitoring the production progress and the timely identification of any abnormalities, accompanying customers during visits to our shipyards, and organizing or attending the launch and formal handover of ships;
- Dealing with problems and claims from customers; handling payment issues with customers, preparing payment options and informing/consulting with the Sales Director, the Customer Finance department and Accounts Receivable, and assessing the validity of claims etc;
- Reporting market information to the Sales Director.
- Customer-oriented and market-oriented, analytical mindset, multi level communication skills and entrepreneurial;
- Technical degree preferable in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the capital goods industry (preferable Maritime);
- Powers of persuasion and the ability to solve problems, driven and self supported, willing to be the Ambassador of Damen Shipyards;
- Willingness to travel intensively;
- Good command of the Dutch, English and preferable France language in word and writing.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Group is established in 1927 and is a 100% Dutch family owned international group of companies which operates 34 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 10,000 people worldwide. Damen has delivered more than 6,000 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers some 200 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Damen designs and builds innovative vessels and based on its unique, standardized ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality supported by a worldwide network of sales and services. Annual production value amounts to approximately EUR 2bln.
Damen?s focus on standardization, modular construction and maintaining vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low 'total cost of ownership', high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology.
Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts.
For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.
In addition to ship design and shipbuilding, Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has a worldwide network of repair and conversion yards with dry docks ranging up to 420 x 80 meters. Conversion projects range from adapting vessels to today's requirements and regulations to the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DS&C completes around 1,300 repair and maintenance jobs annually.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 1 augustus 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Arnoud d'Have|
|Telefoon||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|