As a Project Estimator, you are responsible for the creation of commercial budgets and cost prices of ship repair & conversion projects, based on analysis of drawings and specifications and in consultation with various project stakeholders.
Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has decades of experience in the repair, maintenance, refit and conversion of ships and offshore structures, both at our yard as well as in port and during voyages. We complete more than 1,500 jobs annually.
Damen Shiprepair & Conversion
Located in Europe?s largest port and close to the thriving city of Rotterdam, Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam and Damen Verolme are close to the action. The Rotterdam yards are one of the biggest ship repair centers of the world.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Estimator include:
- Collecting and analysing information in order to estimate the cost, time, labour and materials required for project execution.
- Participating in pre-bid meetings, conducting technical surveys and ship visits outside the yard. This can involve both national and international travel.
- Preparing quotations based on customer-supplied specifications. You are in regular contact with customers.
- Estimating the required capacity and cost, of subcontracted services.
- Creating breakdowns of work structure using Microsoft Project.
- Working with stakeholders through the project process to achieve market competitive project pricing. This includes cooperation with purchasing and sales colleagues by providing expert knowledge in the field of both calculation and ship repair developments.
Do you fit our profile of Project Estimator? You must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Shipbuilding, Mechanical Engineering or MAROF (or equivalent) as a minimum requirement.
- Experience with ship repair and maintenance (ashore or sailing).
- Knowledge of budgeting and planning in the ship repair industry.
- A strong background in mathematics.
- Up-to-date awareness of sector trends and activities, covering not only calculation, but the wider ship repair industry.
- Linguistic ability in English. Dutch is a plus.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team.
- A flexible, client-oriented attitude.
Damen Shiprepair and Conversion is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 90 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 12 juli 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Jean-Paul van Bilsen|
|Fax||+31 (0)10 473 2577|