Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding
Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam is part of the new build division of Damen Shipyards Group. It is a new kid on the block for building quality vessels in the markets Cruise, RoPax and Offshore (CRO). Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam operates one yard, located in Romania with docks up to 48 and 60 meter width (Damen Mangalia). The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine complex engineering is being done assuring operational excellence and safety.
As a Senior Project Manager at the Damen Offshore Rotterdam Division you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary large Offshore projects that are being built in the Netherlands or abroad. These are the high-end Offshore projects that are designed and built at Damen for the offshore market. Schiedam (location Damen Shiprepair and Conversion) is your default working location, but it is possible you will have to visit the project abroad if located at an international yard. As a Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams within the given time frame and budget. The projects you are dealing with are for example: mini Cruise vessels, Drilling rig installations, FPSO, Survey or Cable laying vessels etc., these are all large complex new build Offshore projects. Are you the professional who would like to be part of this ?elite? team within Damen?
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding include:
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Managing, supervising and assessing a comprehensive team of (lead) engineers;
- Managing outsourced engineering work at interior builders;
- Managing the integration of purchased systems and equipment;
- Managing the client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Preparing the lists of deliverables, estimating and planning the engineering work;
- Monitoring quality, progress and costs. Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners;
- Assisting during sea trials and preparing status reports.
- Organizing document control and configuration control;
- Organizing review moments and ensuring a good work environment and team spirit for all team members.
Do you fit our profile of Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding? You must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Shipbuilding Engineering;
- At least five years'experience in managing complex engineering projects,
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in English and preferable Dutch;
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you;
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis (about one week every two months);
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership &
Management development programs);
an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
|Plaatsingsdatum||zaterdag 13 april 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Project Management|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Group|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Danielle Nuts|
|Telefoon||+31 183 639447|
|Fax||+31 183 639671|