Project Manager Engineering Mechanical
As Project Manager Engineering Mechanical you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners. You will also maintain contact with the client, or their representatives. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems (and equipment) and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Depending on the project, you will be on board the ship throughout its trials before the ship is handed over to the client.
- Manage an engineering team with around five engineers / lead engineers for the mechanical disciplines and support staff, in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Manage Budget, Planning, Quality and Risks with regard to the engineering of the vessel;
- Contact with the client or their representatives and manager outsourcing of engineering work, ensure that necessary approvals are attained;
- Managing the integration of purchased systems, equipment and the interfacing with other disciplines, including requests for quotations and the vendor data process;
- Implementation of (standard) work processes in your project, organize review moments and preparation of status reports, organizing document control and configuration control;
- Ensure a good working environment and team spirit.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least five years experience in managing complex projects;
- You master excellent communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Willingness to travel on frequent basis (short trips about 6 to 8 times a year).
You are quality conscious, you find that teamwork is important and you have good communication skills in managing stakeholders.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 5 april 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Project Management|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Marcel Koopman|
|Telefoon||0183 639 911|