Royal IHC is looking for a Paint Inspector for steel preservation. You will complete inspections at our shipbuilding yards in Krimpen aan den IJssel and Kinderdijk, as well as at various outsourcing and completion locations. In this role, you will report to the Coating Manager and be responsible for the following duties:
- performing quality tests and inspections (after surface pre-treatment and coating applications) during the preservation process
- the technical evaluation of steel constructions and spaces prior to the preservation process
- guiding and advising our customers during the inspections/surveys at the various stages of the preservation process
- checking whether all work has been successfully carried out by the coating contractor according to the contract specifications
- assisting with the drafting and adapting of conservation planning, for the preservation halls and the building slope /completion location
- supporting and advising the production department in the field of conservation work
- reporting to the various parties involved in the construction process.
To be eligible for the role of Paint Inspector, you must have the following:
- a secondary vocational education (MBO or equivalent)
- at least five years of experience in industrial/maritime steel preservation, preferably in a quality control role
- prior experience with shipbuilding projects
- NACE level II or FROSIO level III certification and experience in shipbuilding (advantageous)
- experience with IMO PSPC
- good knowledge of surface pre-treatment techniques and marine coating systems
- knowledge of international test and inspection standards
- excellent communication skills, and a strong command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- excellent IT skills, and a proven ability to plan and execute work independently
- excellent problem-solving capabilities
- a willingness to work outside of standard office hours.
Only applicants with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening may be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging and responsible position in an organisation where the technology is at the forefront of current possibilities. We are an organisation that is developing all the time. As such, your qualities and talents are valued, and you will have plenty of room for further development. Our conditions of employment can be described as excellent.
Are you interested in the position of Paint Inspector and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 5333.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Paint Inspector you will work at IHC Holland, based in Krimpen aan den IJssel. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 15 april 2019|
|Locatie||Krimpen aan den IJssel|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Jeanne van der Waal|
|Telefoon||+31 78 691 0984|