Project Manager High Speed Craft
As a Project Manager for the business unit High Speed Craft you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary projects that are being built worldwide. These are high-end, high speed vessels that are designed and built at Damen for clients all over world. Our main office in Gorinchem is your default working location, but you need to be willing to visit our international yards (average 1x 6 weeks). As a Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams. Are you the professional who would like to be part of this 'high speed' team within Damen? Apply now!
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the Project Planner. Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the construction process Gorinchem based. Visiting international production locations will be an important part of this;
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of ships to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- Improving processes and products at design and detail level in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Coordinating/indirectly supervising the project team along the entire production chain and supply chain;
- Supporting / Guiding the assistant project managers if applicable and necessary.
- A Bachelor's degree (HBO) preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent or a proven track record in building ships, coordinating (ship building) projects;
- Eager to learn and to be part of team of young professionals;
- Good oral and written command of Dutch and English;
- Relevant work experience within multidisciplinary project management preferably as leader of the team;
- Knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary projects, WBS, and planning schedules is an advantage;
- Experience of project administration in ERP;
- Ability to set priorities, take a process-centred approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organizational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
The Project Management Department works in multidisciplinary teams consisting of Engineers, Material Coordinators, Purchasers and a project planner and is responsible for the completion of the new construction projects, both for single and multiple vessels, mainly built at the business unit yards Damen Shipyards Antalya and Damen Shipyards Singapore. The complete project is being managed through the ERP program, IFS.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 11 april 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Naval Architecture, Project Management|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|