Proposal Manager Asset Upgrade
Royal IHC has a strong name in the maritime market for asset upgrades and conversions. Proposal managers within the Services department work closely with internationally based area sales managers on projects to be sold or executed anywhere in the world. You will be responsible for managing the proposals in the pre-contractual phase of projects. On the first day a tender comes out, you will evaluate it with the Asset Management and Sales Director to determine whether it is in line with the company's strategic objectives. It will then become your sole responsibility to create a plan, gather a team and define a strategy in order to deliver the required tender documents. The balance between an efficient proposal process and being thorough in assessing and mitigating risks will be your main focus point. When focusing on the deliverables, you will need to discuss the requirements with colleagues from all departments, including design engineers; cost estimators; legal counsellors; and directors. Before either the customer or the board of executives puts their signature to a million euro bid document, they will want to know exactly what the scope is, how risks are mitigated and if the price is defined accordingly.
The Proposal Manager Asset Upgrade is the single point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders, you will provide the proposal to the customer on time, facilitate the closing of the contract within given requirements, and ensure a smooth handover with the Project Manager. The Proposal Management team wants to give our project-executing colleagues the best means by which to outperform any competitor and manage customers' expectations in order to deliver the project on the specification, budget and in time (OSBIT). In this role, you will be responsible for:
- translating customer need and company capabilities into a proposal strategy
- defining the required proposal team
- obtaining formal approval from senior management on the proposal strategy and required team
- defining deliverables according to the proposal strategy
- distributing the workload and appointing actions to team members
- following up on actions during progress meetings where you are the chairman
- maintaining risks and action overviews
- checking and reviewing the scope, estimates and engineering deliverables
- collecting tender documentation
- planning and managing gate reviews with the proposal team and senior management
- organising delivery of the proposal to the customer
- coordinating the project kick-off with Project Management, Supply Chain Management and Engineering.
As Proposal Manager Asset Upgrade, you will be pragmatic, structured and accurate in your approach, identifying problems and taking immediate actions to solve them. Effective organisation and planning are in your nature, and you will be able to independently take action and motivate others to drive activities forward. As Proposal Manager Asset Upgrade you will be aware of the timeline, document quality and the project risks in order to mitigate them. To be eligible for the position, you must also have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) and/or an academic higher education (WO) in a technical discipline
- at least three to ten years of experience in (senior) project or proposal management positions
- experience in shipyards, ship and offshore upgrades, renovations and/or new-build proposal management, which was gained in a supplier capacity rather than as a customer
- excellent knowledge of class bureaus, and rules and regulations
- ability to define technical and execution project risks and mitigations
- pragmatic, structured, accurate way of working, results-oriented, decisive and straightforward approach, with a strong focus on risk management
- ability to handle cultural differences within the team and engineering, at the customer, and with suppliers
- ability to independently take the initiative on the one hand, but also demonstrate effective teamwork skills on the other
- optimistic, energetic personality, with an aptitude for working towards deadlines
- ability to provide the execution team with the means to maintain Royal IHC's strong brand name, profitability and customer relationship.
Please note, only candidates with an EU work visa will be considered for this position. In addition, an online assessment and screening procedure may form part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Proposal Manager Asset Upgrade and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As Proposal Manager Asset Upgrade, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 12 april 2019|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Sander Morijn|
|Telefoon||+31 78 6910984|