Product / Project Manager Dredge Line Components
As Product / Project Manager Dredge Line Components you will report to the Operations Director. You have ultimate responsibility for the primary process of dredge line components within Dredge Equipment. You ensure that all projects are delivered in time, on spec and within budget. You further optimise and streamline customer orders that fit into your product portfolio, and translate market requirements and product development into. You liaise with Engineering and Supply Chain in order to realise your product orders and projects. The focus will be on continuous improvement in operational excellence and enhancing the portfolio of Dredge Equipment products. Reporting to you are order managers and make engineers (3 FTE), who operationally manage the various order flows. We are looking for a candidate with vision and entrepreneurship, who can switch easily between strategic, tactical and operational issues. Communication and cooperation both within – and in the context of – Dredge Equipment are key to making a difference. You know how to influence and adapt to different situations. You have a well-developed sense of responsibility, and you know how and when to delegate work to keep control of the more complex orders and projects at stake.
In this role you will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- define a product strategy and maintain a competitive product assortment based on business results and market intelligence
- provide input for business planning for the product year cycle, bring in new products to the market, and optimise existing products and their marketing mix
- develop in close cooperation with Sales and Technology departments business cases for new product ideas or concepts, including initial commercial product specifications and marketing mix. Present these to relevant stakeholders and obtain business case approval in line with the product strategy
- manage the release and launch of new products or pilots, publish marketing material, conduct sales training, prepare presentations, support sales process, prepare service organisation, announce products internally and externally, decide on product tactics and commercial product specifications, coordinate related projects, define pilot targets and evaluate results
- play an important role in the commercial decision making process regarding feasibility and product design, present possible solution directions to stakeholders and issue advice upon request or using own initiative
- monitor product performance and competitive position, balance the marketing mix, collect feedback (project lessons learned, customer feedback, best practices)
- manage the product life cycle, from maintenance to retirement
- during the product life cycle, remain closely involved with the delivery of the assigned products. This close involvement is guaranteed by the operational responsibilities as detailed below.
- at handover of a single product order by the Sales/Proposals department, or at 80/80 point (Gate Review 1) of a multiple product order, assign a responsible Order Manager as single point of contact for all matters related to the order/work package
- make sure that all orders/work packages are properly managed within OSBIT by the assigned Order Manager(s)
- if in the context of a specific order/work package the generic make/buy decision (as decided upon product launch) is called into question, assess the circumstances and decide for this specific instance
- liaise with Project Managers on a regular basis regarding general progress and issues in the multiple product orders (Projects) and agree on overall prioritisation
- act as 'customer' of the Capacity Centres (Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Production)
- liaise on a regular basis with the representatives of the Capacity Centres (Team Lead Engineering, Team Lead Procurement, Manager Construction and Welding, Manager Assembly, Manager Machinery) regarding general capacity (forecast)
- act as first escalation level in case of issues that arise within an order/work package (issues may be technical/delivery time/budget-related), assess proposed mitigation measures when necessary and decide on path forward
- decide on priorities of the employees that have been assigned to the Product Line (i.e. engineers, buyers, production resources)
- in case of conflicts/issues escalated by the Order Manager(s) that cannot be solved within the context of the Product Line, liaise with Capacity Centre Manager to solve/find mitigating measures. If no solution can be found, escalate to Director Operations for resolution.
To be eligible for this position you must have the following attributes:
- proven track record of experience with the development and improvement of order flow management in a heavy machinery industry
- at least seven years of (international) relevant experience in the heavy machinery/make industry
- an academic higher education (WO) in (for example) mechanical engineering or industrial engineering and management
- results driven and able to engage people in line with the targets set
- able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and lead several disciplines in a non-hierarchical context
- flexible, proactive, structured and client-focused with an international perspective
- excellent communications skills in Dutch and English, both verbal and written.
Please note, an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process. Only applicants with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Product Manager Dredge Line Components and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Product / Project Manager Dredge Line Components, you will work at IHC Dredge Equipment, which is part of IHC Services. The Dredge Equipment organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. IHC Dredge Equipment is based in Kinderdijk.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 5 april 2019|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Gerard Eggink|
|Telefoon||078 691 0984|