Commissioning Operations Technician
IHC Shipbuilding is part of Royal IHC, and has shipyards in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel. We design and build standard, and unique, customer-specific trailing suction hopper dredgers, self-propelled cutter dredgers, and ships for the offshore and renewables markets. We are seeking several commissioning operations technicians for this unit. The activities of these roles focus on the commissioning and transmit of mechanical installations on board our standard and/or custom-built dredgers at various IHC locations. During commissioning, you will be responsible for ensuring that all available tools and systems are installed, tested and made into a well-functioning unit.You will take care of the offtakes of engines, auxiliary tools and (electrical) systems. Your work also includes the transfer of systems to customers and classification societies. To fulfil these tasks, working together with other departments and sister companies will be essential.
We are looking for enthusiastic professionals with a passion for technology, who can work independently on our dredging and offshore vessels. You will have a senior secondary level of education (MBO), or similar level of education, in marine engineering, as well as experience in commissioning mechanical installations, preferably in shipbuilding.
To be eligible for this role, you must also have the following:
- the ability to be flexibly deployed across The Netherlands and, if necessary, spend temporary periods abroad
- knowledge of hydraulics, and an understanding of PLCs
- the ability to function well in a team, as well as communicate clearly about expectations and goals to colleagues, hired personnel and suppliers
- an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- the ability to gain the trust of the people around you through demonstrating expertise, as well as having excellent communication skills
- the ability to work independently, with solid organisational, coordination and contact skills to maintain relationships with employees, subcontractors and other departments.
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Commissioning Operations Technician and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Commissioning Operations Techniciain you will mainly work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 5 april 2019|
|Locatie||Krimpen aan den IJssel|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Gerard Eggink|
|Telefoon||078 691 0984|