Head of Short Sea Business - Containerships - Pernis Rotterdam #179127 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Head of Short Sea Business - Containerships - Pernis Rotterdam
Are you always one step ahead, are you a genuine leader and are you ready to bring future solutions to the present? Then we might be looking for you! For our client Containerships we are currently looking for an experienced and highly credible Head to lead their Short Sea Business. We are keen to hear from successful candidates, with relevant industry experience and an innovative mindset.
Containerships is a full-service logistics company providing safe, fast and environmentally friendly door-to-door container transportation in the Baltic Sea, North Sea and the Mediterranean. They offer both standard and customised containers and a complete coverage of logistic solutions by vessels, trucks, rail and river barges.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Short Sea Business will functionally report to Short Sea Lines Head Office (Hamburg) & SSL MED Marseille (where applicable), with hierarchical reporting to Country General Manager. Head of Short Sea Business is primarily responsible for the management of unified Short Sea front office in the agency & business development. Incumbent will play a key role in formulating Sales and Customer Service strategies to meet the business goals and objectives. Supporting business development initiatives, ensure maintenance of quality service for existing customers, develop processes to optimize the sales force, develop people and help retain talent.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Execute agreed Short Sea Strategy according to guidelines of the Head Offices of Short Sea Business.
- Lead the Short Sea front office agency in the country according to agreed strategy and HO Short Sea guidelines.
- Develop and manage a team competent for short sea business development while leading change management with new employees integrated to CMA CGM Group.
- In coordination with country GM & HR Group policies, effectively manage resource on-boarding and off-boarding for Short Sea Agency Structure. HSSB will define the need for resources in coordination with country GM to be validated by SSL HO/CAN.
- Designing and developing end to end service portfolio (including last mile operations) engaging & leveraging local market dynamics, driven on profitability. Support Short Sea Business Sales network for market development, business opportunities and land services development. Entitle to use any suitable inland supplier suitable for short sea business and capacity requirements (within CMA CGM Group procurement compliance policies).
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (Sales TEUs, P&L, E2E Contribution, Service Levels etc.). Full responsibility for achieving volume, allocation utilization, land margins and Yield or Net to value/FEU (= contribution per TEU) targets set by Intra Europe Short Sea Business Head Office.
- Interact with CMA CGM Country General Manager on overall country specific issues, back office support requirements and any recommendations he/she may have (e.g. organization, strategy, customs, IT, Real-estate, etc.).
- Communicate any changes in Intra Europe Short Sea Business global strategy and direction to Country General Manager and relevant staff to align back office support, cost saving etc.
- Facilitate & manage any other Intra Europe Short Sea Business requirements or activities to support Short Sea Organization.
- Manage Short Sea Line budgets, expenses, costs and overall profitability.
- Ensure best practice as well as achieving both budgetary and time targets set by the Management.
- Responsible to provide and generate value initiatives for the cost saving and cost efficiency projects strategic to the company i.e. Agility, Simplification.
- Ensure compliance with Containerships governance, policies and targets.
Place in the organisation
Country General Manager (administrative/hierarchical)
Intra Europe / Short Sea Head (functional)
For this role the ideal candidate
- Has typical relevant industry experience required: 5-10 years;
- Is educated to degree level (bachelor) in Logistics or Shipping/Forwarding;
- Has a strategic vision and create a culture of strategic excellence and encourage others to think longer-term, developing strategic advantage and seeking opportunities for future development;
- Has good management skills and a hands-on mentality;
- Has cross-functional experience;
- Operation excellence;
- Has general business development experience and specific region understanding;
- Has strong analtytical skills and conceptional thinking;
- Is able to work and execute business processes by applying best practice methods like PDCA.
- Strategy, planning, budgeting and execution
- Sales leadership and management
- Market knowledge
- Customer focus
- Relationship Building
- Strong Business Acumen
- Negotiation, analytical, presentation skills
An attractive remuneration package is offered.
The Venturn team is dedicated to inspiring and advising clients from the maritime and logistics sectors on the development and performance of people and business. We work with companies operating in all aspects of the maritime industry including offshore, terminals, shipping lines, logistics service providers, rescue, marine suppliers, port authorities and more. We are based in Rotterdam even though our work takes us all over the world, where we deliver training and consultancy work and match the right individuals to the right companies.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 7 februari 2019|
|Functiecategorie||Commercieel, Hoger Management, Logistiek, Management|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Laura de Ruijter|
|Telefoon||T +31 10 304 20 70|
3071 NK Rotterdam