Senior Engineer Electrical Workboats
The Senior Electrical Engineer executes research projects related to Electrical and system integration. You provide expert advice in the field of electrical engineering on the technical performance of ships to the relevant departments within the Damen Shipyards Group. Your main aim is that all delivered ships, both now and in the future, satisfy the specific technical requirements of all stakeholders involved. Furthermore you follow and push forward the developments both inside and outside the company and ensure that the developed knowledge is spread throughout the Damen Group.
The group Electrical and Automation is part of the Business Unit Workboats. The employees are assigned to projects, where they contribute with their expertise to product definition as well as the delivery of product information.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Providing specific expert technical advice in the field of Electrical and system integration for both existing and conceptual designs of ships. Often following requests for support in relation to specific issues and issues of a troubleshooting nature;
- Supporting other departments with the review of Electrical (system) designs and component choices which have been made by our suppliers;
- Assisting with the evaluation of the technical performance of ships during engineering, production and commissioning phases;
- Supporting 'Electrical'? troubleshooting activities. In other words, you have to plan, execute and analyze measurements to come to a solution. Where required you initiate and support improvement-projects that lead to improved designs for future ships;
- Being actively involved in maintaining the Electrical research portfolio and carrying out research projects individually or with others.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in drive systems or a relevant other specialization;
- At least five years' relevant experience in the field of Electrical drive systems;
- Knowledge of advanced model based control methods;
- Up to date knowledge of drive systems;
- Having an interest in human factors in automation;
- Knowledge of ship propulsion and marine system integration (is considered a plus);
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 14 januari 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Marcel Koopman|
|Telefoon||0183 639 911|