Sales Engineer Services
Our Parts department within Services provides (mainly existing) customers with the necessary spare parts during the life cycle of the ship.
As Sales Engineer you are in constant contact with our customers and suppliers in order to meet all the needs of our customers in the field of spare parts, logistics and common activities. In consultation with the Regional Service managers and sales department, you will approach the customers in your region. You answer to inquiries and anticipate on customer needs by responding to this with commercial proposals. You are responsible for the entire order process. Your activities consist mainly of working on spare parts requests from the client, purchasing the spare parts from our suppliers and coordinating the supply and delivery of these goods and eventually the invoices.
Within the mixed team of about fifteen people, everyone is responsible for their own region. For optimal alignment of what is happening in your region have regular consultations with the Regional Service Manager of the region.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As Sales Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Active approach towards (potential) clients and inform them about the possibility of delivery of specific components;
- Within your region you will be responsible for the proactive sales of spare parts;
- On a successful sale you take care of the process by the ordering the materials and to coordinate the logistics. You maintain contact with both clients and suppliers about delivery times and prices;
- You perform accurately additional administrative work, such as building a dossier for each project;
- You keep track of the many projects running simultaneously.
We are looking for a person with:
- A bachelor level, preferably in a technical or commercial direction;
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a technical sales role within a Service Department;
- A good command of Dutch and English spoken and written:
- An outgoing and inquisitive personality who is working accurately, is commercial and has a large sense of responsibility.
Damen Services organization is a growing division in a global thriving enterprise in which the maritime world is at your feet. Do you want to contribute here as a sales engineer, then grab your chance and apply via the button below.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Services' mission is to support the sales organization of Damen in selling vessels by providing additional value in the form of services. The department gives substance to the concept of high quality and the generally higher cost of acquisition. After the sale of a ship, excellent services are delivered in order to increase the likelihood that a customer chooses Damen again to buy a ship for replacement or expansion. At the operational level, the Services department maintains contact with clients and is the eyes and ears of the sales organization. Services provides a broad portfolio of services for the entire life cycle of a ship built by Damen. This includes the handling of warranty calls, providing training, providing spare parts, providing maintenance and perform modifications and repairs. That is reflected in the behavior of its employees; they are always available, proactive, keeping their promises and always do more than is asked of them. Within the Services department the question is always: How do we make it happen?
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 11 januari 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Commercieel, Engineering & commercieel/sales|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|