Sales Manager - C. Steinweg Oman - Sohar #178182 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Sales Manager - C. Steinweg Oman - Sohar
For our client C.Steinweg in Oman we are looking for a Logistics Sales Manager. A great opportunity to boost your career abroad!
C. Steinweg Oman LLC (CSO), was established in Oman early 2004 and was awarded a concession for all dry-bulk, break-bulk, project cargo, RoRo and CFS-related operations. C. Steinweg Oman’s terminal is ideally positioned in the heart of Sohar Port and Freezone in the Sultanate of Oman. The terminal is within easy reach to the booming economies of the Gulf and the Indian subcontinent.
With the existing road network, port infrastructure, deep-sea terminal and airport, we serve the Northern part of Oman, the UAE/GCC and transshipment from and to various global destinations. In April 2004, the first ship was handled at CSO’s premises and our multipurpose terminal has been operating and developing with steady growth ever since. CSO has proven to be an effective total logistic solutions provider, capable to meet market demands under challenging and fast growing circumstances. Additional information about the C. Steinweg Group can be found via https://www.steinweg.com/en/.
The Commercial Department facilitates the company’s goal to maintain and to develop a sustainable and value creating business environment. The department’s day to day tasks cover the activities of Customer Service, Invoicing, Account management and development, Business development (Stevedoring and Warehousing), Contracting and Marketing. The Commercial Department is the interface between the Company and its Customers. The department has 15 employees in total.
Purpose of the role
The Logistics Sales Manager resides under the Commercial Manager and manages the desk responsible for; Sales Warehousing and Forwarding. You will be responsible for managing the day to day business activitites of this department and developing new and activities in the fields of, but related to the terminal; logistics services, warehousing (bond ed and non bonded), value adding logistics. Furthermore the development of stevedoring actvities can be part of the scope as well.
The desks take care of customer service activities (RFI/RFQ/RFP/complaints, issues, needs for support and the like) and invoicing. As well as the coordination and communication of ongoing operations with customers.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Sales Office Manager are as follows:
- Daily Activity Management of Commercial Business Units
- The Logistics Sales Manager actively coordinates the work with the sales team.
- He monitors the performance and quality of work of all processes and is focused on customer satisfaction.
- He is the first point of contact for occurring escalations which he handles in coordination with the Commercial manager.
- The LSM is actively engaged in training and improving the staffs’ competencies, productivity and quality of work. This is an essential task
- He leads by example to motivate the employees and manages the team in such way invoicing, enquiry handling, internal and customer coordination and other applicable processes are executed accurately, timely, compliant and customer satisfactory.
- He is aware and critical to (IT) business processes and participates proactively with both internal and external stakeholders to make the business processes more secure, compliant and (time) efficient.
Account Management and Development
The LSM creates and maintains relationship(s) with customers and is regularly engaged with the customers by reviewing the mutual business (opportunities) and anticipating on the future developments. He is (pro-)active and result driven in identifying and developing new business for the Company.
Business Development Project participant
Business Development of larger projects are managed by the Commercial Manager, in which the LSM participate where and when required.
The majority of the Company’s business is contracted, which makes contract management and good account management essential.
Knowledge and understanding of the maritime and logistic sectors operation and administrative processes is essential to be successful.
The Logistics Sales Manager understands the business requirements and interest of the Customer (and its contacts) and industries the Company serves. He thinks along with its customers, is appreciative to their position. He acts positively on customer’s feedback.
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Sales Manager with good balance of entrepreneurial and pioneering spirit and international experience. The ideal candidate should have an extensive knowledge and experience in working on (or with) a multipurpose terminal and ideally have extensive knowledge and experience in at least a couple of the companies terminal hanlding, warehousing and logistics it is involved in. Such activities include handling dry-bulk, break-bulk, RoRo and container stuffing and stripping related operations . The candidate will lead by example, act as a role model for the commercial team and deliver high-end consultative solutions to both existing as well as potential customers.
HBO or equivalent, not necessarily backed up by diploma and/or certificates, but in practice. Extensive work experience is essential, theoretical background in the business is considered to be an advantage.
Minimum 5 years experience in a B2B environment of which at least 3 years should be in a senior role focusing on selling services – and concepts.
International experience particularly with key decision makers.
Experience of in managing a team with top and bottom line responsibility, in companies dealing with Logistics.
- You are a self-starter in setting goals, and priorities
- You are entrepreneurial and business sensitive; ‘sixth sense’, commercial, savvy.
- You create a positive and innovative atmosphere which encourages people to commit.
- You have the ability to create relationships and develop a culture of trust both within and outside the team.
- You meet people with ease and motivate them to seek opportunities and achieve high standards.
- You strive to retain independence, expression and views taking a strong-willed approach when necessary.
- You are an excellent communicator, with empathy and charisma.
- You are a team builder and leader; ability to mobilize, impact and influence people effectively.
- A challenging and dynamic job at one of the larger logistic service providers in the world;
- Opportunity for personal growth and development;
- International work environment;
- Full expat package – including housing, car, travel
The Venturn team is dedicated to inspiring and advising clients from the maritime and logistics sectors on the development and performance of people and business. We work with companies operating in all aspects of the maritime industry including offshore, terminals, shipping lines, logistics service providers, rescue, marine suppliers, port authorities and more. We are based in Rotterdam even though our work takes us all over the world, where we deliver training and consultancy work and match the right individuals to the right companies.
|Plaatsingsdatum||woensdag 19 december 2018|
|Sector||Havens, Maritieme Dienstverlening|
|Functiecategorie||Commercieel, Logistiek, Management, Verkoop|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Laura de Ruijter|
|Telefoon||T +31 10 304 20 70|
3071 NK Rotterdam