Operations Manager - Den Hartogh Logistics - Rotterdam #177136 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Operations Manager - Den Hartogh Logistics - Rotterdam
Are you passionate about Transport and Logistics and are you capable of managing a great team within a dynamic and international environment? Venturn is looking for an Operations Manager for Den Hartogh Logistics.
We are one of the world’s leading Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) when it comes to the safe and reliable transport of bulk liquids and gasses for the Chemical Industry. As a bulk logistics service provider for the chemical, gas, polymer and dry bulk food industry, we combine the best elements to create the optimal formula for each individual situation.
We are a family-owned organisation that was established in 1920 and are headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Safety and operational excellence are embedded in our culture. Our smart logistics solutions are formed through chemistry – by working and collaborating with our customers, resulting in the right fit for every type of transport: progress and development through chemistry.
Den Hartogh cares and we therefore take care of our colleagues, partners, customers and families. Besides that, we focus on safety, health, environment and quality in order to create the best results.
Today, the company employs 1600 dedicated people with a great cultural variety in Europe, the Middle East, Far East and North and South America, offices in 43 different locations, a turnover of 500 million, 18850 tank containers, 6700 dry bulk containers, 400 tank trailers and 530 trucks.
In this position you will be part of the Liquid Logistics Operations Management team and responsible for the European Account Management (customer service) team (39 FTE, distributed over five offices in Benelux, Germany and France). Apart from being operationally responsible from order to invoice, the Account Managers have the task to analyse and improve the business for their customers in the areas of safety, performance and costs.
Place in the organisation
The Operations Manager reports to the Deputy Director Operations of the Business Unit Liquid Logistics and has six direct reports.
- Manage and develop the Account Management team in all daily business activities;
- Responsible for developing a great team;
- Manage changes in het Account Management team;
- Provide leadership: challenge, inspire, confront and support the teamleaders in their development;
- Achieve targets and results in the areas of safety, customer satisfaction and cost & invoicing;
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, initiative & ownership;
- Lead by example in problem solving & process optimisation.
- Personal qualities and professional skills
- A bachelor (or master) degree: e.g. commerce, logistic & economics;
- Experience (10+ years) in a similar role within a dynamic and international environment in Transport & Logistics;
- Proven track record in Customer Service and Operations;
- Experience in leading, inspiring and developing a team of professionals;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong IT skills and a feeling for systems (IT savvy);
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Proactive and ambitious with a strong drive to constantly improve and achieve results;
- Excellent communication skills and a strong sense of organizational and cultural sensitivity;
- Not afraid to stand up to strong challenges and to take risks from time to time.
Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Travel within the Europe region will a be part of the job and become more important during the years.
The remuneration and benefits are highly competitive.
Laura de Ruijter +31 (10) 304 20 70
The Venturn team is dedicated to inspiring and advising clients from the maritime and logistics sectors on the development and performance of people and business. We work with companies operating in all aspects of the maritime industry including offshore, terminals, shipping lines, logistics service providers, rescue, marine suppliers, port authorities and more. We are based in Rotterdam even though our work takes us all over the world, where we deliver training and consultancy work and match the right individuals to the right companies.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 25 oktober 2018|
|Sector||Havens, Maritieme Dienstverlening|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Laura de Ruijter|
|Telefoon||T +31 10 304 20 70|
3071 NK Rotterdam