Graduation project DSNS Propulsion & Energy Technology Concepts
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is continuously improving its knowledge. This means new propulsion and energy storage concepts are checked for feasibility. This of course asks for Research in the latest developments. The application of the state-of-the art versions of these concepts and their technical feasibility should be researched and simulated. This includes being able to have an indication on life cycle costs.
The nature of defence operations means that these vessels have unique sailing profiles and manoeuvres which place demands on the propulsion systems. Examples are short high speed sprints, crash stops, evasive manoeuvres etcetera.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a graduate at DSNS, you will face several aspects in the field of Propulsion & Energy Technology Concepts. It?s not only theory or practice, but the combination of theory with practice that leads to the best results.
Possible propulsion and energy projects can be:
- Hybrid propulsion, such as father-son concepts, electric propulsion, gas turbines, podded propulsion, etc.
- Energy storage, including batteries and compensators
- Direct current ship distribution system
- Electric (cross) shafting
Send us your motivation and favourite subject as well as your CV!
The perfect candidate is:
- A HBO or University student Applied Physics / Maritime Technology;
- A top class student;
- Passionate about ships or shipbuilding;
- Familiar with propulsion design including auxiliary systems;
- Capable of identifying and communicating with multiple stakeholders;
- Independent, analytical and proactive;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Plaatsingsdatum||zondag 14 oktober 2018|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telefoon||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|