Ocean Freight Sales Representative – Access World #176294 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Ocean Freight Sales Representative – Access World
Access World provides world-class global logistics and warehousing solutions for its clientele. Developing long-term relationships with our clients and service providers alike to support sustainable business growth. Service and quality are at the heart of Access World.
Our strengths lie in the breadth of our geographical coverage, regularly handling numerous commodity products – compiled in six focus groups, for our customers which include producers, consumers, trading houses, financial companies and banks.
We strive to continuously innovate and improve our processes, deepen our knowledge of handling clients’ products and expanding our reach to help our clients create a competitive advantage by engaging Access World as their service provider of choice.
Access World (100% subsidiary of Glencore PLC) is a global commodities warehousing and logistics business. Access World has its Head Office in Zug, Switzerland and operates in various regions across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific, each with their own corporate functions including business development, finance, legal and operations.
This role will work in collaboration with the global ocean freight desk and is charged with the development and execution of a commercial ocean freight strategy for Europe, aimed at increasing the volume of direct ocean freight bookings. The incumbent will be instrumental in driving sales and expanding new markets.
To drive the overall ocean freight bookings and logistics sales and marketing which may include but is not limited to the following:
- Seek new business opportunities and maintain relationships with existing customers. Time spent on New Business Development versus account management should be 80% – 20%.
- Target new business based on market development, study and research. Make recommendations on commercial ocean freight strategy to Regional Management.
- Sales planning, including keeping up with conference and meeting calendar targeting new opportunities.
- Attract business through the most effective channels: cold calling, conferences, setting up client meetings etc.
- Full ownership of the agreed upon budgetary targets for the financial year.
- Prepare P&L for costing on all business accounts/opportunities and translate into accurate business confirmations.
- Prepare meeting and/or presentation materials for internal/external purposes
- In collaboration with Commercial Team, establish, distribute and maintain statistical customer and rate information to monitor focus areas and sales activity.
- Present approved customer profiles and work with internal departments to ensure accuracy in new account setup.
- Communicate with Customer Service department regarding all information on customer changes and updates to help strengthen business relationship and address related issues.
- Handle Freight and Transport inquiries for both Breakbulk and Containerized shipments.
- Sourcing of freight and transport providers according to companies/customer’s requirements.
Potential candidates should possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a Freight Forwarding environment, with a minimum of 2 years sales experience
- Process oriented-thinking
- Hands-on mentality
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional and multicultural teams
- Strong character, initiative, creative, innovative
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Meticulous, responsible and positive working attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Adaptable and able accommodate prevailing conditions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively work in a high pressure and fast paced working environment
- Communication Skills/ Languages:
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
A good renumeration is offered, but also depends on experience and level.
David Mak or Laura de Ruijter
David Mak +31 (0) 6 81 04 96 05/ Laura de Ruijter +31 (0) 6 82 46 89 55
The Venturn team is dedicated to inspiring and advising clients from the maritime and logistics sectors on the development and performance of people and business. We work with companies operating in all aspects of the maritime industry including offshore, terminals, shipping lines, logistics service providers, rescue, marine suppliers, port authorities and more. We are based in Rotterdam even though our work takes us all over the world, where we deliver training and consultancy work and match the right individuals to the right companies.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 13 september 2018|
|Sector||Havens, Maritieme Dienstverlening|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. David Mak|
|Telefoon||06 81 04 96 05|
3071 NK Rotterdam