Executive Assistant – Access World #174405 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Executive Assistant – Access World
Access World provides world-class global logistics and warehousing solutions for its clientele. Developing long-term relationships with our clients and service providers alike to support sustainable business growth. Service and quality are at the heart of Access World.
Our strengths lie in the breadth of our geographical coverage, regularly handling numerous commodity products – compiled in six focus groups, for our customers which include producers, consumers, trading houses, financial companies and banks.
We strive to continuously innovate and improve our processes, deepen our knowledge of handling clients’ products and expanding our reach to help our clients create a competitive advantage by engaging Access World as their service provider of choice.
Access World (100% subsidiary of Glencore PLC) is a global commodities warehousing and logistics business. Access World has its Head Office in Zug, Switzerland and operates in various regions across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific, each with their own corporate functions including business development, finance, legal and operations.
We are currently seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual to the role of Assistant Operations Manager for Europe. Working closely with the European management team, this role is based Rotterdam, Netherlands and forms an integral part contributing towards the overall European and Middle East operational, commercial and financial development.
The role will be a key part of the team supporting the European and Middle Eastern business. The role requires close interaction with senior management in Europe as well as key staff across the world. Frequent travel within Europe may be required and duties will include:
- Primary support to Executive Team and ensure that meetings run smoothly and escalate actions when needed; Support of the Operations Meetings, KPI’s .
- Provides substantive and proactive support to the team including communication throughout the organization.
- Supports of the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics) to ensure smooth implementations and being the facilitator between the sites and HQ in Switzerland.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects and M&A.
- Assist in budget and forecast process.
- Report and analyse on results and KPIs via dashboards and management reporting.
- Prepare calculations for business cases.
- Create & review P&L’s across all regions and present to management.
- Analyse & consolidate commercial activities.
- Maintain commercial tracking report.
Potential candidates should possess the following attributes:
- University degree in finance/economics.
- 3 – 6 years working experience in logistics with financial knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in commodities markets preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills; Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple and changing priorities within agreed timeframes.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise critical thinking.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently to complete tasks.
- Detail oriented.
A good salary package is offered, but also depends on experience and level.
David Mak / Laura de Ruijter
David Mak +31 (0) 6 81 04 96 05/ Laura de Ruijter +31 (0) 6 82 46 89 55
The Venturn team is dedicated to inspiring and advising clients from the maritime and logistics sectors on the development and performance of people and business. We work with companies operating in all aspects of the maritime industry including offshore, terminals, shipping lines, logistics service providers, rescue, marine suppliers, port authorities and more. We are based in Rotterdam even though our work takes us all over the world, where we deliver training and consultancy work and match the right individuals to the right companies.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 29 juni 2018|
|Sector||Havens, Maritieme Dienstverlening|
|Functiecategorie||Financieel, Management, Operationeel|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Laura de Ruijter|
|Telefoon||T +31 10 304 20 70|
3071 NK Rotterdam