Tug Masters #173158 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
For our port in Rotterdam we are recruiting new colleagues:
The Tug Master is reporting to the Operations Manager in the area. Presides over the crew of his tug. The size of the crew is dependent on the region to be navigated, and the nature of the voyage. He/she represents the shipping company and its policy and conducts effectively the services of Kotug Smit Towage. The Tug Master carries responsibility for the tugboat and the crew.
- The Tug Master runs the ship, and has authority over all those on board. He is responsible for safe navigation in the broadest sense of the word and ensures that the crews are ready at all times to carry out those on board duties necessary
- He will organize duties in such a manner, as to ensure that he and his crew can benefit from the legally required amount of rest as stated by the Maritime Shipping (Work and Rest Periods) Act
- Has the overriding authority and responsibility to make decisions about carrying out those actions he deems necessary in order to contribute to the interests of those on board, the tugboat, safety, health and environment, and to prevent pollution and to request the company’s assistance
- Presides over and has total responsibility for the tugboat and those who sail on her
- The Tug Master will ensure that legislative and regulatory measures and the operation of the management system are enforced. He/she manages all ships certificates, carries out the ship’s administration and provides office with status report. He implements the environmental and safety policy as described in the Instruction Manual for Seagoing
- The Tug Master will lead and instruct in a clear and concise manner, and to motivate the crew. He/she holds regularly work group meetings with the crew, fire and safety drills and a familiarization round with new crew members
- Needs to be in possession of obligated certificates and documents relating to the local Manning Act in order to be able to sail as Captain on board a tugboat
- In possession of a valid certificate of competency Master near Coastal Voyages
- Proven knowledge of good seamanship by experience as tugboat captain
- Experience with Azimuth Stern Drive and ZP Propellers
- A master’s certificate as referred to in the inland shipping decree is a preference
- Managerial qualities
- Must be fully aware of the Management System as maintained by the shipping company
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch
- Good communication skills
- Sufficient organizational skills to arrange duties so that they comply with the Maritime Shipping (Work and Rest Periods Acts)
- Good social skills
- Flexible and capable of withstanding stress
- Prepared not to smoke in places where it may affect others.
Challenge yourself and us
If you have a passion for a nautical job and would like to work on board, then we invite you to send your motivation letter and CV (in Dutch or English language) by filling out the online application on our website via the apply button below.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Debbie Boom, HR Manager Area Rotterdam via +31(0)10-3073532. For more information about the vacancy, please contact our Operations Manager Rotterdam, Timo van der Schee via +31(0)10-3073565.
With 350 years of combined heritage, we are passionate about assisting ships safely. Our large fleet of 70 tugs provides tailored towage services in twelve European ports: Rotterdam, Antwerp, Ghent, Flushing, Terneuzen, Zeebrugge, Liverpool, London, Southampton, Hamburg, Bremerhaven and Wilhelmshaven. These ports are major junctions where ships from all over the world bring their cargo and passengers or actually come to pick up cargo for further transportation. Through operational efficiency and flexibility, we focus on our customers’ needs and understand their expectations.
|Plaatsingsdatum||woensdag 2 mei 2018|
|Sector||Havens, Maritieme Dienstverlening|
|Bedrijfsnaam||KOTUG SMIT TOWAGE|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Debbie Boom|
|Telefoon||+31 10 3073532|
HEAD QUARTERS ROTTERDAM
3072 AR Rotterdam
Italiëlei nr.3, bus 3