Naval Architect Hydrostatics
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will join a design team during the proposal phase, and control the design during the engineering and production phase.
You will work on general ship design calculations, including hydrostatic properties. To this end, you will use a number of ship design software packages, including PIAS software. The job will include the execution of inclining tests and you will be in contact with clients, suppliers and research institutes.
- Technical degree at Bachelor or Master of Science level, preferably Naval Architec-ture;
- General ship design knowledge;
- Practical experience in Hydrostatic calculations;
- Critical, persuasive, creative and cost-conscious;
- Team player;
- Decisive and organised;
- Capable of recognizing bottlenecks and setting priorities;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing;
- Prepared to travel regularly within the Netherlands and abroad.
The Research & Technology Support group is part of the Engineering Department and is made up of various specialists. The group conducts research and supports developments regarding new types of ship, as well as supporting the Products & Proposals Department in order to determine the ship design. The group also supports Engineering and Production when detailing the contracts and instructions. Nowadays naval vessels and complex vessels are more and more designed with full electric propulsion or hybrid propulsion.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 13 november 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Naval Architecture|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telefoon||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|