Design Engineer Hydrodynamics #169598 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Design Engineer Hydrodynamics
Welcome at Wärtsilä Netherlands! For our Project Centre at our Drunen office we are looking for a Design Engineer Hydrodynamics.
As a Design Engineer you are responsible for the hydrodynamic design of propellers, thrusters, waterjets and other propulsion related products for our maritime customers. You will work on customized design of hydrodynamic propulsion systems related to repair, modifications and upgrades to replace old technology or add functionality on existing Wärtsilä Propulsion Equipment.
You will be working in close cooperation with other departments of our Project Centre such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation and Project Management. The Hydrodynamics team consists of 8 propeller designers and CFD experts, who report to the Manager Hydrodynamic Design. Your location will be our office in Drunen, but your projects are global.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You are responsible for the design of high quality propellers within the estimated lead time and costs.
- Contribute to improvements of design methods, processes and products.
- You accidentally participate in (international) research groups, to gain and gather knowledge.
- You communicate with the customer, design offices and research entities concerning engineering, this in cooperation with the Project Manager and/or Sales Manager.
- You attend performance tests at research laboratories regarding to your designs.
What do we expect from you?
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture / Maritime Technology / Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialisation in Hydrodynamics, Fluid Dynamics or similar.
- You are familiar with the basics of hydrodynamics / Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- It is seen as an advantage if you have experience in finite element analyses and fatigue stress assessments.
- You have design experience in Siemens NX or AutoCad 3D.
- Responsible attitude, pro-active, be able to cope with stress.
- Experience with or interest in the marine environment is seen as a pro.
- You are interested in travelling for short periods and to work in a service minded environment.
- You are able to communicate in English, verbal and in written.
What we offer you
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae on our website: www.wartsila.com/careers. Select ‘Netherlands’ and the position you like to apply for. Or apply via the application button below.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Dré Schellekens (Corporate Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 28558033 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki
We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä. Our business is power. At Wärtsilä, people are the ultimate power source. People who make things happen.
Wärtsilä in the Netherlands supplies sales and services for the marine and decentralized power industry and takes care worldwide of the technology for propulsion solutions. We have around 900 employees working in the Netherlands on our seven locations in Drunen, Harlingen, Kampen, Kruiningen, Schiedam, Rotterdam and Zwolle. Wärtsilä Netherlands is characterized by innovation, informal and short lines of communication and a healthy working atmosphere.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||woensdag 8 november 2017|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Dre Schellekens|
|Telefoon||+31 6 28558033|
Christiaan Huygensweg 23