Research Engineer (LNG/CNG specialist)
The Research department gives support to and collaborates very closely with the Damen Product Groups and sister companies in the development of an innovative product portfolio. The R&D department aspires to critically check designs and concepts and to proactively give technical advices to improve quality and performance of the products and services. In addition there is a proactive collaboration with Engineering, Services and the Repair & Conversion branch of the Damen Group. The Research department has the goal to develop knowledge in all strategically relevant technical knowledge domains and to make it accessible to the relevant stakeholders. In these technical knowledge domains, Damen wants to be among the best in the world in order to stimulate innovation based on a sound technical knowledge and to contribute to product developments throughout the Damen Group.
Currently Damen R&D is looking for a specialist in the field of LNG/CNG system design and integration as part of our team Mechanics and System integration. In general the Research Engineer Mechanics and System integration executes research projects related to Mechanics and system integration and provides expert advice in these fields on the technical performance of ships to the relevant departments within the Damen group, such that the ships that are sold both now and in the future satisfy the specific technical requirements.
Furthermore he follows and pushes further the developments both inside and outside the company and ensures that the developed knowledge is spread throughout the Damen Group.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Sufficient knowledge on LNG/CNG properties and behavior in real processes;
- Providing specific expert technical advice in the field of LNG/CNG system design, integration and testing for both existing and conceptual designs of ships. Often following requests for support in relation to specific issues and issues of a troubleshooting nature;
- Defining the design principles, guidelines and making sure these guidelines are applied on the various vessel designs;
- You support other departments with the review of LNG and CNG fuel system designs and component choices which have been made by our suppliers;
- You assist with the evaluation of the technical performance of ships during engineering, production and commissioning;
- You support LNG/CNG related troubleshooting activities. This can means that you plan, execute and analyse measurements to come to a solution. Where required you initiate and support improvement-projects that lead to improved design for future ships;
- You build and maintain your own LNG/CNG research portfolio and carry out your projects individually or with others. You create support for your projects and you organise funding, both in and outside the company;
- MSc degree in or marine engineering or mechanic engineering with a specialisation in fluid or thermal dynamics or a relevant other specialization;
- Alternatively an MSc degree in process technology with a relevant specialization;
- Minimal 5 years relevant experience in the field of LNG/CNG system design and integration;
- Familiar with classification;
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations in various countries;
- Experience of working on a project basis (plus);
- Conversant with MATLAB and or Simulink;
- Independent, critical, analytical, customer-oriented, good communication skills.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 7 november 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Research & Development|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|