As a Technical Author you will be responsible for writing Vessel Operating Manuals (VOM) used by our Training & Deliveries Department and our clients. These manuals are compiled based on technical information, user experience and drawings supplied by Subject Matter Experts (SME's) in i.e. Engineering or the Training & Deliveries department and by suppliers. You have a proactive attitude in getting the information. You process the submitted information and translate it into detailed start-up and shut-down descriptions and / or instructions. The VOM is a Damen instruction for users onboard our vessels. This manual can be used as a basic operation guideline of the vessel and can be used to train the operators of the vessel. The objective of the VOM is to give the operators of the Damen vessels the necessary information for the safe operation of the vessel. Which parts are on board exactly and what documentation am I going to link it to? How do I compile the start-up and shut-down instructions? Is the provided information useful for in the manual? These are questions that you work on on a daily basis. Specific practical knowledge is available on site in our production hall and our Training & Deliveries department.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Technical Author, your main responsibilities will be:
- The retrieval of the required information from the responsible engineers, trainers and our Document Management System;
- To empathise the user needs, but bear in mind our used standards;
- Writing manuals that in particular serve our clients / users as well as possible for their needs;
- Determination of the structure of the manuals according to the supplied information and drawings;
- To improve the readability of the information supplied of the systems or systems used on board.
As a Technical Author, you have:
- A Technical background (Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering);
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Technical Author;
- Familiar with software such as XMetal, Adobe FrameMaker and AutoCAD (Pre);
- Familiar with technical documentation architecture; Dita (pre);
- Sufficient technical knowledge about systems on ships;
- An excellent command of Dutch and English verbal and written.
Moreover, you are critical and work extremely accurate and adapt well in a Services organization where you focus on the customer and his needs. You are able to work independently and are pro actively seeking the required information.
We offer you a job in which you will find a good combination of theory and practice, in a very pleasant working atmosphere. Are you enthusiastic to be part of the Damen family as a technical author, apply now via the button below.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 7 november 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|