Project Manager Engineering Mechanical Cruise
Because of new developments within the Cruise and Offshore market Damen is looking for Engineers with a background in Cruise. Damen is about to enter the Cruise market with some exiting projects and 100+ meter Cruise and Cruise Expedition vessels. These projects will be built at one of our yards outside the Netherlands and will have a high level of customization in design, outfitting and final execution of the vessels.
From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these client specific Cruise vessels for the most luxury Cruise trips around the world Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is currently looking for a Project Manager Engineering Mechanical for our Cruise Ship projects. As a Project Manager Engineering Mechanical, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site, partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client representatives and classification societies in order to ensure the final technical execution meets all requirements. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally you will also be involved in a supportive role for building and commissioning and attend trials if considered required, in order to close the practical feedbackloop towards the engineering team.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Mechanical Cruise include:
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Managing, supervising and assessing a comprehensive team of (lead) engineers;
- Managing outsourced engineering work at interior builders;
- Managing the integration of purchased systems and equipment;
- Managing the client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Preparing the lists of deliverables, estimating and planning the engineering work;
- Monitoring quality, progress and costs. Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners;
- Assisting during sea trials and preparing status reports. Organising document control and configuration control;
- Organizing review moments and ensuring a good work environment and team spirit for all team members.
Do you fit our profile of Project Manager Engineering Mechanical Cruise? You must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least five years' experience in managing complex engineering projects, strongly preferably in the Cruise industry;
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in English and preferable Dutch;
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you;
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis (about one week every two months);
Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That?s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Cruise range of vessels is part of Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the design of these vessel types, the cluster works closely with different departments within Damen. The Cruise brand represents a product line of highly competitive Cruise vessels up to 100+ meters opening up new possibilities for the luxury Cruise market. Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Cruise sees Damen commence with the construction of Cruise vessels larger than those traditionally produced by the group. This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the further growth of the Cruise market. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Cruise team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located at our headquarters in Gorinchem.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 3 november 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Project Management|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|