Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding SeaXplorer
The SeaXplorer is the world's first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedised yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated SeaXplorer website for more information.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is currently looking for a Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding for the SeaXplorer team. As a Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site, partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client, or their representatives. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally, you will be on board the ship throughout its trials before the ship is handed over to the client.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
As a Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process and meeting the client's expectations is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners. You will also maintain contact with the client, architects or their representatives. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally, you will be on board the ship throughout the building and trials.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding SeaXplorer include:
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support.
- Managing, supervising and assessing a comprehensive team of (lead) engineers.
- Managing outsourced engineering work at interior builders.
- Managing the integration of purchased systems and equipment.
- Managing the client, Class and national authorities approval process.
- Preparing the lists of deliverables, estimating and planning the engineering work.
- Monitoring quality, progress and costs. Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners.
- Preparing status reports.
- Organising document control and configuration control.
- Organising review moments and ensuring a good work environment and team spirit for all team members.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- At least three years' experience in managing complex engineering projects, preferably in the yachting industry.
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in preferably both English and Dutch.
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you.
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||woensdag 1 november 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Tessa Sluyter|
|Telefoon||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|