Lead Engineering Mechanical SeaXplorer
The SeaXplorer is the world's first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedised yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated SeaXplorer website for more information.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is currently looking for a Lead Engineer Mechanical for the SeaXplorer team. Using your broad expertise as a Mechanical Engineer you will contribute to the development of the SeaXplorer. You ensure the design conditions are met and all necessary information for an efficient building process is available. As Lead Engineer Mechanical you will focus on the technical spaces, ships systems and mechanical equipment. The integration of all systems in the design within limited space boundaries is a real challenge for you. You will manage a small engineering team, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure regulative requirements will be met.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Lead Engineer Mechanical SeaXplorer include:
- Executing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support.
- Supervising a small team of engineering and subcontractors.
- Monitoring quality and assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners.
- Performing complex Class, strength, flow and frequency calculations.
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements.
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Supporting the client, Class and national authorities approval process.
- Organizing and monitoring interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers.
- Preparing functional descriptions and technical specifications for HVAC systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least five years experience in managing complex engineering projects, preferably in the yachting industry.
- Deep knowledge of the industry and mechanical ship's systems.
- A strong interest in innovation.
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in preferably both English and Dutch.
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you.
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||woensdag 1 november 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Tessa Sluyter|
|Telefoon||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|