Sales Manager East & South East Europe
The achievement of sales in the assigned territory to contribute to an increase in the market share, turnover, and profits of the organisation.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To achieve profitable turnover in the assigned territory based on the total range of Damen products and services. Daily activities consist of initiating contacts with (prospective) clients, conducting visits, initiating and conducting marketing activities (trade fairs, congresses, advertisements), identifying market opportunities, establishing and maintaining a total market overview and consequently being able to provide strategic advise to management.
- Establish, maintain and expand relationships with customers and other relevant contacts in the relevant region / industry.
- Establish and maintain a network of agents in the assigned region; appointing new agents in consultation with the Area Director, managing and collaborating with appointed agents;
- Obtain enquiries, prepare quotations with support of the organization, issue and follow up
- Responsible for finalizing sales agreements; including negotiations with customers about prices, product specifications, delivery and payment terms, the drawing up and conclusion of contracts and conditions, providing advice about financing possibilities, and sharing this knowledge with the internal organization;
- Monitoring the handling of newbuild orders; organizing and drawing up the schedules of work/action lists and contract specifications, discussing these documents with the designated project managers, monitoring the production progress and the timely identification of any abnormalities, accompanying customers during visits to our local or foreign shipyards, and organizing or attending the launch and formal handover of ships;
- Dealing with problems and claims from customers; handling payment issues with customers, preparing payment options and informing/consulting with the Area Director, the Customer Finance department and Accounts Receivable, and assessing the validity of claims , etc.
- Reporting market information about the assigned territory to the Area Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience;
- Experience in the capital goods industry;
- Customer-oriented and market-oriented, analytical mindset, multi level communication skills and entrepreneurial;
- Powers of persuasion and the ability to solve problems, driven and self supported;
- Good oral and written command of both Dutch and English.
The sales department is divided into 7 country groups, namely the Benelux, North, West & South Europe, East & South East Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. The diversity between sales activities and the consequent market approach in the 7 country groups is extensive because of the differences in product types, distribution, types of customers, collaboration with agents, political influences, government regulations, method of project funding etc. Area Directors and Sales Managers are frequently required to travel. The trips usually consist of visits to prospective and (existing) customers. Partners include: employees at government agencies, port operators, shipping companies, contractors and marine service companies. The Sales Manager plays a leading role within the Damen Shipyards Group and he/she is responsible for the local sales activities and turnover in a number of countries within the country group.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 2 november 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Marisha van Elzelingen|
|Telefoon||+31 (0) 183 65 48 16|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|