Your main task will be to assemble and install specialist offshore industry tools, and mechanical installations on board everything from standard (IHC Beaver) cutter suction dredgers to large custom-built dredging vessels.
Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- assembling mechanical components into units (pumps, filters, appendages, etc)
- installing equipment, electrical components and units on board the ship
- checking, aligning and correcting (if required) the systems (pump installations, fuel systems, and lubricating oil and cooling water systems) and installations (motors, gear casings, propeller shafts, dredge pumps etc) on board the vessels.
The position is full-time. Overtime work is possible, especially near the final phase of a project. You may also be required to go on sea trials, which means that several times a year you will be away from home for a number of days at a time.
In addition, we expect you to:
- be a practical employee who thinks and works at the secondary vocational education level (with a mechanical engineering degree from a senior technical school)
- have several years of experience in the field of assembling complex products (the ability to read drawings and experience with dredging products are advantages)
- have knowledge of mechanical engineering, hydraulics and electrical engineering
- have good communication and social skills, and a positive attitude
- be flexible in terms of your working location in The Netherlands and, if necessary, (temporarily) abroad
- work well in a team and be capable of clearly communicating expectations and goals to colleagues, third-party employees and suppliers
- be proficient in Dutch and English.
Please note, only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment or screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offer you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Mechanical Fitter and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Mechanical Fitter you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 26 oktober 2017|
|Locatie||Krimpen aan den IJssel|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Stephan Ooms|
|Telefoon||+31 78 691 0984|