Researcher Materials Science
Research and Development (R&D) is a department within IHC MTI. The goal of this department is to perform long-term research relevant to IHC's products and services. The R&D department is the link between universities and knowledge institutes on the one hand, and IHC equipment units on the other. As Researcher Materials Science, you will be responsible for managing research initiatives, executing projects and reporting on the results. The matters being researched may vary from wear resistant cast steels up to lightweight fibre- reinforced materials. In this role, you will be, as Researcher Materials Science, responsible for the following:
- developing new materials for the maritime industry
- performing material tests
- managing small research projects, risks and resources, and taking corrective actions when necessary
- initiating new projects, including presenting its financial requirements, suitability and qualitative impact to relevant stakeholders, both internally as well as externally
- understanding the needs of product developers
- supervising MSc students
- building and utilising a network of internal, and external stakeholders (for example, universities and research centres), as well as representing MTI at conferences
- performing duties in line with safety rules and procedures, including addressing anomalies with colleagues.
As the Researcher Materials Science. you will be pragmatic, structured and accurate in your work. You should be creative and have (or are able to develop) a broad network of contacts at universities and knowledge institutes. To be eligible for this role, you must also have:
- PhD or MSc in materials science
- excellent command of English and, preferably, a good understanding of Dutch
- results-oriented approach and be highly focused on getting things done
- ability to work independently and take the initiative, as well as being able to work effectively in a team
- optimistic and energetic personality
- ability to travel abroad
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Researcher Materials Science a challenging full-time job, within a successful and dynamic company, with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technology innovation. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Researcher Materials Science and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
IHC MTI is Royal IHC's centre for R&D. Our mission is to provide sustainable solutions for the challenges of today and for the future of the movement and positioning of soil. Through close consultation with our colleagues, we optimise the design, use a, d control of any equipment that comes into contact with soil. Through this, we are able to enhance mission equipment and advise our customers on how to make optimal use of IHC's technology. This ensures that we improve, extend and reduce the TCO of IHC's product portfolio. In addition, the knowledge we gain enables us to offer a first-rate consultancy service to our customers. IHC MTI main activities include R&D, ranging from fundamental knowledge development in collaboration with universities and knowledge institutes, through to prototype development in the run-up to commercialisation consultancy services in the field of dredging, establishing IHC's intellectual property strategy and supporting our sister companies in its execution. IHC MTI offices are based in Delft and Kinderdijk, with permanent research facilities located at the latter. IHC MTI also make use of temporary research facilities as required.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 20 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Onderzoekstages, Research & Development|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Sander Morijn|
|Telefoon||+31 78 6910984|