Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding Dredging
As a Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding you will be responsible for the development of multiple Engineering to Order Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger (TSHD) projects. You will also support the development of the next generation Damen TSHD?s in close cooperation with our Design & Proposal team. You will manage a project team of Engineers in Gorinchem and will also be responsible for managing the outsourcing of engineering with internal and external partners. With your excellent planning skills these projects will be realized in time, within budget and will comply to all our quality requirements. You will also liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and the suppliers. Moreover you will ensure that the yard and the relevant classification society have all the information they require, and finally you will be on board the ship throughout its sea trials. Your will work at the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group in Gorinchem.
The Dredging department is responsible for the construction and design of all dredging vessels and their equipment. The portfolio contains: cutter suction dredgers, trailing suction hopper dredgers, booster stations, (deep-sea) mining tools (in cooperation with a specialized partner), dredging pumps (own design) and all sorts of practical applications for dredging components. The Dredging department has access to a number of experienced dredging consultants, who can give their input in the design & proposal process. The development of cutter suction dredgers and special dredging applications is executed by a team of experienced specialists located in Nijkerk and/or Gorinchem. In this process, the exchange of information is key for a better product.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding include:
- Coordinating and overseeing one or more projects in term of the engineering of a ship, the purchasing of systems or components and the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support.
- Supervising, managing and coaching a project engineering team.
- Managing the Class and national authorities approval process.
- Preparing lists of drawings, plans and estimates for the engineering work for multiple assigned projects.
- Monitoring on quality, progress and the preparation of status reports.
- Providing engineering support during the construction of the ship.
- Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners and working closely together with all stakeholders.
- Organizing document control and configuration control.
- Organizing review moments and ensuring a good work environment for everyone involved.
Do you fit our profile of Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding? You must have:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
- At least seven years relevant experience in managing complex engineering projects, preferably in the dredging industry.
- Experience in managing an engineering project team.
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English.
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group, is a well-known leading international shipyard. Damen Shipyards Group operates more than 32 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide with a total turnover of 1.7 billion Euro. At Damen Shipyards Gorinchem we design and build a wide range of products including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and cargo vessels. Damen delivers more than 180 vessels each year. In fact, we have built more than 6,000 ships since 1969. Our clients include contractors, oil companies, port authorities, offshore companies and maritime service providers.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 19 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Functiecategorie||Engineering, Project Management|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|