Senior Engineer Mechanical SeaXplorer
The SeaXplorer is the world's first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these ruggedised yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. More information about the SeaXplorer: seaxplorer.nl
Using your broad expertise as a Mechanical Engineer you will contribute to the development of the SeaXplorer and to ensuring that design conditions are met and all necessary information for an efficient building process is available. As Lead Engineer Mechanical you will focus on the technical spaces, ship's systems and mechanical equipment. The integration of all systems in the design within limited space boundaries is a true challenge for you. You will manage a small engineering team, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover you will ensure that regulative requirements have been met.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute of engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Supervise a small team of engineers and also subcontractor(s);
- Monitor quality. Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and partners;
- Perform complex Class calculations, strength, flow and frequency calculations;
- Prepare technical space layouts, system diagrams, outfitting arrangements; Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Support in client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Prepare technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- You have at least 5 years experience as mechanical engineer in complex engineering projects in the Yacht Industry;
- You have deep knowledge of the industry and mechanical ship's systems;
- You are open to and interested in innovation;
- You have good communication skills in (preferably) Dutch and English;
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis;
- You are quality conscious and team work is important to you;
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
The Yacht Support and SeaXplorer range of vessels sits within Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the promotion of these vessel types, the product group works closely with Damen's well-known superyacht brand, Amels.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys.
In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 17 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Tessa Sluyter|
|Telefoon||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|