Lead Engineer Interior Super Yachts
The SeaXplorer is the world's first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedised yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated SeaXplorer website for more information.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is currently looking for a Lead Engineer Interior for the Yacht Support and SeaXplorer team. As a Lead Engineer Interior, you will use your expertise in developing luxury yacht interiors ensuing all conditions for the new build ship have been met.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Using your expertise as an Interior Engineer you will contribute to the development, ensure that the client requirements are fulfilled and necessary information for an efficient building process is available. As Lead Engineer Interior, you will focus on the Interior design for luxury and crew accommodation. Stunning esthetics is a true challenge for you. You will manage all interfaces between the ship and the interior, and manage the outsourced engineering work with interior subcontractors. You will liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover you will ensure that regulative requirements have been met.
- Box drawings, Insulation arrangements, Principle arrangements and guidelines;
- Coordinate the outsourcing of work to co-makers and suppliers;
- Organize and monitor interfaces with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Prepare lists of drawings, plans and estimates for the engineering work;
- Engineering support during the construction of the ship;
- Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and partners.
Do you fit our profile of Lead Engineer Interior SeaXplorer / Yacht Support? You must have:
- You have a Bachelor degree;
- You have at least 5 years experience as an engineer in complex engineering projects in the Yacht Industry;
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in preferably both English and Dutch.
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you.
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
- Pre-employment Screening
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Yacht Support and SeaXplorer range of vessels sits within Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the promotion of these vessel types, the product group works closely with Damen's well-known superyacht brand, Amels.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys.
In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 16 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Tessa Sluyter|
|Telefoon||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|