Damen Research & Development is looking for a LNG Specialist.
Currently Damen R&D is looking for a specialist in the field of LNG and CNG system design and integration as part of our team Mechanics and System integration. In general the Specialist LNG provides expert technical advice in the field of LNG and CNG system design and is responsible for integration and testing of both existing and conceptual designs of ships. The Specialist LNG will work closely with relevant departments within the Damen group, such that all ships sold, both now and in the future, satisfy the specific technical requirements. Furthermore you will also be responsible for pushing forward further developments both inside and outside the company and ensuring this developed knowledge is shared within and throughout the Damen Group.
The Research & Development (R&D) department gives support to, and collaborates very closely with, the Damen Product Groups and sister companies in the development of an innovative product portfolio. The R&D department aspires to critically check designs and concepts and to proactively give technical advices to improve quality and performance of the products and services. In addition there is a proactive collaboration with Engineering, Services and the Repair & Conversion branch of the Damen Group. The R&D department has the goal to develop knowledge in all strategically relevant technical knowledge domains and to make it accessible to the relevant stakeholders. In these technical knowledge domains, Damen wants to be among the best in the world in order to stimulate innovation based on a sound technical knowledge and to contribute to product developments throughout the Damen Group.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Specialist LNG include:
- Providing specific expert technical advice in the field of LNG and CNG system design, integration and testing for both existing and conceptual designs of ships. Often following requests for support in relation to specific issues and issues of a troubleshooting nature.
- Defining the design principles, guidelines and making sure these guidelines are applied on the various vessel designs.
- Supporting other departments with the review of LNG and CNG fuel system designs and component choices which have been made by our suppliers.
- Assisting with the evaluation of the technical performance of ships during the engineering, production and commissioning phase.
- Supporting LNG and CNG related troubleshooting activities; you will plan, execute and analyse measurements to provide a solution. Where required you initiate and support improvement-projects that lead to improved designs for future ships.
- Building and maintaining your own LNG and CNG research portfolio and carrying out projects individually or with others. You create support for your projects and you organise funding, both in and outside the company.
Do you fit our profile of Specialist LNG? You must have:
- A Master degree in Marine Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with a specialisation in fluid or thermal dynamics or a relevant other specialisation.
- Alternatively a Master degree in process technology with a relevant specialisation.
- Sufficient knowledge on LNG and CNG properties and behavior in real processes.
- At least five years relevant experience in the field of LNG and CNG system design and integration.
- Familiarity with classification.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations in various countries.
- Experience with working on a project basis (plus).
- Conversant with MATLAB and/or Simulink.
- An independent, critical, analytical, customer-oriented, good communication skills.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- 2 genius hours per week;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 13 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|