Team Leader Standardization
In order to lower the costs and shorten the design time, standard components are used as much as possible. These components that comply with all rules, regulations and applicable laws are defined in the yard standards. The standardization team takes care of the creation, maintenance and distribution of the standards. Furthermore the standardization team takes care that standards, norms, rules and regulation are regularly updated. For every project a project-dossier is created consisting of all standards applicable to the project.
To lead the standardization team we are looking for a team leader who carries out, organizes and coordinates the above described work together with his/her team. As team leader standardization you are the first point of contact for all subjects pertaining or touching up subject standardization. You attend meetings with other involved parties such as purchasing, work preparation and production to discuss the feasibility, quality, testing and process data of the standard components. Furthermore you communicate with suppliers about standardization of components.
As the team leader standardization you will be working for the Marine & Propulsion department within engineering. You will report hierarchically to the line manager of the department and operationally to the project manager standardization.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drawing (or assigning the task to draw of) in 2D of the components that are to be standardized.
- Maintenance of the existing standardized drawings.
- Entering the standardized drawings and descriptions into the PDM system.
- Attending and actively participating in meetings with colleagues of the departments engineering, production and purchasing at DSNS Vlissingen or other Damen yards.
- Engaging in technical discussions with suppliers or representatives of classification societies.
- A bachelor’s degree in preferably mechanical or marine engineering.
- Experience within the maritime industry, preferably on a yard.
- Basic knowledge of marine and mechanical systems constructions and materials.
- Leadership skills • Affinity with standardization.
- Experience with drawing in a 2D CAD system, preferably Microstation (or AutoCAD).
- Accurate and efficient.
- Team player.
- Native language Dutch and a good working knowledge of the English language both written as well as verbally.
The department Marine & Propulsion department is the part of engineering that: :
- Determines the mechanical systems.
- Integrates the propulsive driveline into the vessel.
- Provides the necessary technical diagrams.
- Routes the piping, tubing and cabling in the vessel design in 3D (NUPAS/CADMATIC).
- Carries out and supports external parties during the 2D detail design phase.
- Provides supports to the yard during the build phase on all above subjects.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Plaatsingsdatum||zondag 8 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telefoon||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|