Graduation Thesis - Carbon Storage module (CaStor)
Are you the one to investigate new possibilities in CO2 storage?
Within Heerema the Innovation Department develops innovative solutions that will allow Heerema to remain leader in the niche market of heavy lift installation and removal and ultra-deep water Pipelay.
Within the Innovation team we are looking for a MSc thesis student to demonstrate the feasibility of a concept of Carbon Storage (CaStor), by re-using existing pipelines and support structures that are no longer in use for production of hydrocarbons.
The concept includes, after removal of the existing oil/gas production facilities, providing a new module on the existing support structure that is equipped for storage of CO2 in the depleted oil or gas field. Existing pipeline infrastructure could be used to transport CO2 from shore to the module, which in turn injects it into the oil or gas wells at the site.
The goal of this internship is to demonstrate the technical and economic feasibility of the CaStor concept.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic student who can contribute to solutions to our current and future challenges. Ideally we are interested in the following profile:
- Master student who is enrolled in a Physics, Mining, Applied Geosciences, Mechanical engineering or comparable program;
- Keen interest in process technology;
- Affinity with the offshore industry;
- Critical thinker with excellent problem solving skills;
- Independent and enjoys working together;
- Urge to deliver quality and take ownership;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Does this sound like you? Then read on!
Terms of employment
- Informal working atmosphere with international colleagues;
- An encouraging environment where you can constantly develop your knowledge and skills;
- Support by highly knowledgeable and skilled professionals. Every graduate is assigned two supervisors: a Daily Supervisor, who has recently graduated, and a Senior Supervisor with several years' experience;
- Possibilities to expand your professional network and build a relationship with your fellow graduates;
- The most talented graduates might get the opportunity to continue their career within the company;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facilities.
Please send us your resume, as well as your grades list (transcript) and motivation letter. Do not forget to mention the required period and start/end date of your graduation assignment. If your application makes a good first impression, you will be invited for an interview with a Recruiter, Discipline Manager and / or and one of the Supervisors you would be working with. During the interview we will look at the graduation assignment in more detail. You will be able to ask questions, and we can get to know each other. If the interview goes well, you will be asked to elaborate on the topic in a small document that should include the problem and goal definition in your own words, as well as a method statement and planning. In some cases, a second interview may be planned instead. Finally, if your proposal is approved, you will be offered a graduation assignment at Heerema.
Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) excels at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities. These include fixed and floating structures, subsea pipelines and infrastructures in shallow, deep and ultra-deep water.
HMC owns three of the world’s largest semi-submersible crane vessels, the Thialf, Hermod and Balder. DCV Aegir is the latest addition to our fleet with capability to execute complex deep water infrastructure and pipeline projects.
Working for Heerema means working with an international company that continuously extends boundaries. Our terms and conditions reflect our ambitions and shows that we value working together towards visible results. If you want to be part of an organization that values teamwork, achieves challenging results and you want to keep on developing yourself, than we are looking forward to receiving your application!
|Plaatsingsdatum||donderdag 5 oktober 2017|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland S.E.|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Bert Reichgelt|
|Telefoon||+31 71 5799000|