International SHEQ Manager
Royal IHC is looking for an International SHEQ Manager who will effectively implement SHEQ policies, establish relationships, provide means and methods, drive continuous improvement and monitor compliance with regards to company operations outside Europe. As International SHEQ Manager you will be the first point of contact regarding SHEQ and CSR (corporate social responsibility) and will bring appropriate parties together to co-create and support the implementation of solutions. In this role, you will report to the SHEQ-CSR Director. As International SHEQ Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- setting up and contributing to effective working relations between Dutch and international stakeholders
- assessing the current SHEQ performance levels of (recently acquired) international business units against the corporate standard, and international and local compliance requirements
- setting up and executing the global and local SHEQ improvement plans to close identified gaps
- developing and implementing the IHC International SHEQ strategy in line with Corporate strategies
- contributing to the IHC International SHEQ department's annual plan with regards to resourcing requirements
- implementing and promoting corporate means and methods, including risk assessment methodology, internal audit programmes, and management reviews
- preparing, developing and maintaining SHEQ documentation, and providing hands-on assistance with regards to this when required
- driving continuous improvement by sharing best practices and lessons learned
- mentoring local, tender and project SHEQ representatives
- providing ad-hoc support in case of incidents, accidents and/or emergencies
- supporting proposal and project teams
- contributing to means, methods and monitoring, the employment of SHEQ-CSR personnel and continuous improvement
- contributing to the set-up of an effective compliance framework
- monitoring and reporting on SHEQ and corporate social responsibility performance and compliance
- acting as an inspiring and trusted SHEQ representative for IHC's international and local organisations.
To be eligible for the position of International SHEQ Manager, you must have the following:
- an academic degree (master), preferably in business administration, occupational health and safety, environment or quality management
- proven success in building relationships with stakeholders from various cultural backgrounds and authority level
- successful experience with the implementation and continuous improvement of integrated management systems, such as OHSAS18001, ISO14001 and ISO9001
- hands-on experience in facilitating culture and performance improvement
- experience within the relevant industries and with managing compliance issues is advantageous
- strong interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial self-starting spirit, high levels of energy and result-oriented approach
- experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- flexibility to travel abroad for work, for approximately one week per month.
- excellent communication skills spoken and written in Dutch and English
- a basic grasp of Portuguese and/or Chinese is advantageous
- intrinsically motivated personality and ability to conduct business in an ethical, accurate and appropriate way with respect for intercultural differences
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as International SHEQ Manager a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of International SHEQ Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
csr, international manager, international sheq, international sheq manager, iso14001, iso14001 and iso9001, iso14001 iso9001, iso9001, ohsas18001, ohsas18001 iso14001 iso9001, sheq, sheq manager
The Corporate SHEQ department is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check www.royalihc.com.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 3 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Sander Morijn|
|Telefoon||+31 78 6910984|