Nautical Superintendent #168918 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
ALP Maritime Services
About ALP Maritime Services
ALP is the specialist in the field of Ocean Towing, Offshore Positioning and Mooring of Floating Platforms, Heavy Transport and Salvage operations. The company was founded beginning 2010 and operates today a fleet of 10 modern ocean-going tugs ranging from 192 to 309 Bollard Pull Ton
In 2014, ALP became a 100% subsidiary company of Teekay, working independently from their headquarters in Rotterdam. ALP’s office is located in the reputed Maastoren, direct in the beating heart of city and with a great view over the city and river Maas.
ALP's team with decades of hands-on experience in the most complex and largest towing, transport and installation projects, is ready to serve ALP’s worldwide clients with the finest equipment that the maritime towing and transport industry has to offer.
Purpose of the role
The Nautical Superintendent works closely together with the fleet and commercial department. The nautical Superintendent is part of the operations team and supports the offshore fleet and seagoing colleagues.
On average, you will work 50% from the office in Rotterdam and will travel to vessels, agents, ports 50% of your time.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Daily operational support to ALP’s fleet
- Preparation, calculation and monitoring of voyage plans
- Preparation and documentation of towage manuals
- Offering technical advice to clients
- Conducting of nautical and technical inspection on board ALP’s vessels
- Coordination of port calls with agents including ordering bunkers
- Monitoring, follow up, and implementation of new legislative requirements within area of responsibility
- In line with the above, issue and update (Safety) Management documentation
Place in the organisation
The Nautical Superintendent is part of the operations team and report together with the other superintendents to the manager operations.
- You are a maritime officer with 3-5 years’ experience, both seagoing and onshore in the offshore/ ocean going towage and/ or heavy transport sector in a similar role or as port captain.
- You are expected to have a good knowledge of regulatory, class requirements and international standards. You must be a confident communicator in both written and spoken English including being able to create policies, procedures and reports for wide distribution.
- Your work approach is dedicated, detailed and cooperative, while maintaining focus on cost effectiveness.
- You are expected to be able to travel at short notice also during weekends
- You have the ability to work independently and have good communication and reporting skills.
ALP offers a competitive compensation and benefits including an attractive pension scheme.
Apply in confidence with
Consultant Executive Search
+31 6 82468955
The Venturn team is dedicated to inspiring and advising clients from the maritime and logistics sectors on the development and performance of people and business. We work with companies operating in all aspects of the maritime industry including offshore, terminals, shipping lines, logistics service providers, rescue, marine suppliers, port authorities and more. We are based in Rotterdam even though our work takes us all over the world, where we
deliver training and consultancy work and match the right individuals to the right companies.
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 29 september 2017|
|Sector||Maritieme Dienstverlening, Zeescheepvaart|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Wouter Visser|
|Telefoon||0031 (0)6 5125 8205|
3071 NK Rotterdam