Project Manager Shiprepair Dunkerque
The project departments within the Damen Shiprepair & Conversion yards are managed by a Head of Projects or directly by the MD of the yard. Every Project Manager is head of his project team, which consists of a work preparator, a production coordinator and an invoice maker. The team can be extended with a dedicated planner, purchaser, safety officer, quality manager and a cost controller. The Project Manager and his team are responsible for the preparation, execution, delivery and after sales of the repair, maintenance and conversion projects to seagoing vessels and offshore installations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project (commercial, financial and technical) from the moment of ordering up to delivery and fulfilling all contract agreements.
- Leading the project team, you are final responsible for the complete production and the final management starting the moment of order up to and including the delivery.
- Monitoring the progress and commercial accompaniment of the project are the most important aspects of your job, besides managing the project team.
- You will preside the project meetings and have regular contacts with the client, sub-contractors and supporting companies of Damen Shiprepair and Conversion;
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities;
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for projects;
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- You have open communication skills with a strong convincing personality, you have a problem solving mentality and are customer and service orientated.
- You are experienced in managing complex projects with technical, financial and commercial responsibilities.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Ship-building or (Marine) Engineering and several years of experience in Repair and/or Conversion, ship building or another maritime industry;
- Your English, and French language, verbally and written, is highly proficient.
Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque, part of Damen Shipyards Group since 2012, is the only major ship repair yard on the north-east coast of France. Located in Dunkerque, its shipbuilding and ship repair experience dates back to the 19th century, and its long history underpins the yard´s current level of expertise and its highly skilled workforce. The yard is located in Dunkerque East Harbour, which is behind locks that ensure a constant water level and no tidal friction. Significantly, any vessel that can enter the port can be handled by Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque; the biggest dry dock has the same capacity as the largest lock.
|Plaatsingsdatum||woensdag 27 september 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Isabelle Brunet|
Port 2580 Route des Docks
59376 Dunkerque Cedex 1
Port Number: 2580