Design & Proposal Engineer
You are responsible for examining the application of the customer by making complete ship for designing and determining the cost of construction of the ship, so that the design meets the prescribed customer and classification requirements and the costs are as low as possible.
The Managing Director takes care of the commercial handling. In the application phase you work closely with the Board and the Newbuild Department.
Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld is part of the Damen Shipyards Group and operates as repair and new building yard for small vessels up to 40 meters.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designing vessels in accordance with the criteria of the client and our standard designs;
- Preparing ship designs, specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, in order to lower the price and enhance quality, reliability and the functionality of the vessels;
- Liaising with internal departments (Research, Engineering) and external parties for optimal project results;
- Supporting the PR department in providing input for press releases, brochures and websites.
- Bachelor degree in Maritime/Naval Engineering;
- Sufficient experience with Proposal Engineering in shipbuilding;
- Good verbal and written command of the Dutch and English language;
- You are customer oriented, service oriented, communicative, efficient and proactive.
Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld has been a Damen Shipyard since 1927. It is in fact the shipyard where Damen Shipyards was founded. Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld is specialized in custom-built, medium-sized vessels and in general repairs and maintenance of inland and coastal vessels. We have a flexible organizational structure with short decision lines, guaranteeing the best service and practical solutions.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 26 september 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Hardinxveld|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Danielle van Woerkum|
|Telefoon||+31 184 613088|
|Fax||+31 184 617793|