- You perform Field Service activities on propulsion related controls systems on-board of our customer’s vessels.
- Problem solving / Fault finding; You diagnose the situation, find the root cause of the problem and solve it by means of replacing parts, adjusting operational parameters etc.
- Act as system commissioning engineer in case of reconditioning, retrofit or upgrade projects.
- Interact with the customer during the work execution and offer advice about available products and solutions where needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- You create excellent service work reports in English.
- You hold a vocational or bachelor degree in electrical engineering or mechatronics, combined with several years of field service experience.
- You are experienced in Electrical, Controls and hydraulic systems, preferably within a maritime, industrial or oil & gas related industry.
- Understanding of propulsion equipment such as but not limited to; engines and control systems, mechanical and electrical drives and movers, thrusters, gear boxes, controllable pitch propellers and hydraulics is a big advantage.
- You can work independently, but are also able to guide a group of colleagues and contractors during scheduled maintenance or repair.
- Willingness to travel extensively and stay abroad.
- You have an open and accessible attitude in communication.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, preferably also in Dutch.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. In 2015, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 5.0 billion with approximately 18,900 employees. The company has operations in more than 200 locations in nearly 70 countries around the world and employs people with very diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä.Our business is power. At Wärtsilä, people are the ultimate power source. People who make things happen.
Wärtsilä in the Netherlands supplies worldwide sales & services for the marine and decentralized power industry. We have around 900 employees working in the Netherlands on our seven locations in Drunen, Harlingen, Kampen, Kruiningen, Schiedam, Waalwijk and Zwolle. Wärtsilä Netherlands is characterized by motivation, informal and short lines of communication and a healthy working atmosphereBedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 25 september 2017|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Egbert van der Meijs|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)6 20324766|
Christiaan Huygensweg 23