Senior Project Manager Yacht Support
As a Project Manager at the Damen Yacht Support cluster you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary projects that are being built worldwide. These are the high-end vessels that are designed and built at Damen for the Yacht Support market like the SeaXplorer ( www.seaxplorer.nl ). Gorinchem is your default working location, but occasionally you will have to visit our international yards. As a Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams. Are you the professional who would like to be part of this ‘elite’ team within Damen? Apply now!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the Project Management Office. Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the construction process Gorinchem based. Visiting international production locations will be an important part of this;
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of ships to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- Improving processes and products at design and detail level in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Coordinating/indirectly supervising the project team along the entire production chain and supply chain;
- Supporting / Guiding the assistant project managers if necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Over 8 years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary project management preferable within the Yacht or High Speed Craft Industry;
- Good oral and written command of Dutch and English;
- Knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary projects, WBS, and planning schedules is an advantage;
- Experience of project administration in ERP;
- Ability to set priorities, take a process-centred approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organizational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
The Project Management Department works in multidisciplinary teams and is responsible for the completion of the new construction projects, both for single and multiple vessels, at various international shipyards. Their scheduling activities are supported by the Project Management Office, with projects being managed through the IFS ERP program.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 19 september 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|