Lead Engineer HVAC
The SeaXplorer is the world’s first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations – from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these ruggedized yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. More information about the SeaXplorer: http://seaxplorer.nl/home/
Do you want to join our “expedition” as a Lead Engineer HVAC? Please continue reading and apply for this vacancy!
Using your broad expertise as an HVAC Engineer you will contribute to the development of the SeaXplorer and to ensuring that design conditions are met and all necessary information for an efficient building process is available. As Lead Engineer HVAC you will focus on the integration of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and AC) systems. Full integration of complex systems webbed in the SeaXplorer, and assuring the highest comfort level is your goal. You will support the outsourced detailed engineering process, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that regulative requirements have been met.
- Execution of engineering in 4 phases: Design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Monitor quality. Assess input from suppliers and partners;
- Set up ventilation diagrams, transmission calculations and basic duct routing;
- Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Support in client, Class and national authorities’ approval process;
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for HVAC systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
- You have a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or installation, energy engineering;
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as HVAC Engineer in complex engineering projects in the yacht or offshore Industry;
- You have good communication skills in (preferably) Dutch and English;
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis;
- You are quality conscious and team work is important to you.
The product group Yacht Support & SeaXplorer is responsible for Yacht Support vessels to support superyachts and the new SeaXplorer range for polar and tropical expeditions. These vessels are purpose-built to yacht quality. Features can include Polar Class heavy ice reinforcement, helicopter deck, fully-enclosed hangar, dive centre, extras such as a speedboat / tenders, sailboats, and innovative technology to reduce impact on the environment. This market is distinguished by its high customer focus. A Product Group is responsible for product development, sales support and the successful delivery of its products.
Each cluster has its own engineering department and several cluster- cutting departments such as Engineering Support, Standards, Reproduction and CAD/IFS Support. Engineering is responsible for the creation and management of the engineering packages of the cluster. Among engineering means: the production of drawings, engineering calculations, production of technical specifications and construction instructions. This applies for both the naval part (hull, structure, stability, etc.) and the mechanical part (propulsion, pipe systems, etc.). The Engineering Department is responsible for the design and basic engineering of existing and new ship types, and coordinates and controls the outsourcing of detail engineering undertaken by other Damen establishments, including foreign offices, or by third parties. Each drawing group has access to employees with a naval or mechanical background (and some specialists in the field of ship interior design, piping, HVAC and electrical engineering).
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 18 april 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|